The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

From the 4 I have, Stirling Gentleman is my second favorite(just from sniffing the scent itself).

PLAla likes this.
  2. bleddybear

bleddybear Member

Those are good - I'd also recommend Tuscany and arkadia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

So I ended up going Ozark Mountain soap and Ben Franklin AS. I know it sounds like an odd combo, but there was so much chatter on this thread today I was pumped for both. I got a little lather on my shirt collar too, so I was definitely rocking some scent when I came upstairs. It took my wife about thirty seconds after I sat down for her to say, "jeez, you smell like you were smoking clove cigarettes around a campfire. What's next, stale beer smell?"

Oh I love basking in the glory of my odd and powerful scent combinations.

dustmite, bleddybear and PLAla like this.
  4. Paul Turner

My sister used to smoke those....it always sounded like the cigarette would be blowing up.

PLAla likes this.
  5. PickledNorthern

Yeah they do have a crackle, don't they?

Paul Turner and PLAla like this.
  6. Paul Turner

yes...wonder what crackling pipe tobacco would be like.

PLAla likes this.
  7. bleddybear

bleddybear Member

I think I finally got Stirling lather to work for me with my hard NYC water - base layer of watery lather followed by a heavy loaded semogue 610 - this seems to be the right formula to get the slickness and cushion. Enjoying my Stirling Gentleman, Tuscany, Vanilla Sandalwood, SDM, etc.

Any thoughts on the lathering process for Stirling I'd appreciate your views!

Thx! B.

8. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I recommend putting the settings on the Stirling soap page to "best-selling first." I pretty much agree with all their top sellers: executive man, sharp dressed man, mountain man, Ben Franklin, Piacenza, Margaritas in the arctic, and gin and tonic. You can't go wrong with these.

PLAla likes this.
  9. Straight razor dandy

Yes, I wouldike them to release a tobacco scent.

PLAla likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Stirling you mean? They come close with Stirling Gentleman.

11. Straight razor dandy

Gentlemen is a sweet vanilla and tobacco, I thought you were talking about a big crackling tobacco scent like Connecticut shade by Catie's bubbles.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  12. PickledNorthern

To me the tobacco is kinda light. I love it, but It could have a bit more IMO.

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome and suggestions.

I've at least settled on Executive Man, Stirling Gentleman, Lavender, and I think Electric Sheep.

I may just add one more to the mix, still debating the final choice.

Those who have experienced both Executive Man and Gentleman......are they similar scents or distinctly different?

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I'll be shaving with the Electric Sheep tomorrow. Love! :love055:

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

ohhh ok. Hey, that;s one state south of me. But as for the tobacco in Stirling Gentleman, yes, I'd say there isn't much in it, but it's nice being mixed in with the other ingredients.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  16. Straight razor dandy

I would say they are somewhat similar, but both very good. I prefer executive man. Executive man is based upon creed aventus and sharp dressed man is based upon creed Irish tweed. Go check the scent profiles out on Stirling's website to exact how similar they are for you. You can always get samples too..which are very generous and cheap.

Robyflexx likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

I believe I can qualify for "experiencing" Executive Man and Stirling Gentleman-not on my skin(yet), but just giving the samples a few sniffs. I'm going to say there's a difference. Perhaps it can be said they both have their own level of attractiveness, but to me there's a bit more manliness to Stirling Gentleman. I'm talkinabout the aftershaves here, by the way.

18. bleddybear

bleddybear Member

In terms of the soaps, they're quite different in scent- gentleman is stronger. Executive is more of a lighter scent - more similar to SDM.

19. PickledNorthern

Executive man is a lighter scent, maybe crisper, Gentleman has a definite vanilla note. Not in a strong way necessarily, but it is present.

Robyflexx likes this.
  20. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Not at the moment. We're just too backed up and I'm completely out of space for new scents. I'm not even sure where I'm going to put the Baker Street and Vanilla Bean Espresso once they come down off the curing rack.