Supermax Super Stainless

Discussion in 'Blade Reviews' started by ChemErik, Feb 5, 2011.

1. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Since discovering my favorite blades, I haven't really found many more that impress me. This however, is an excellent blade for me.

It's not exceptionally sharp, but still a little sharper than average. It's something between a Red Pack Persona and an Astra Superior Plat.

Blade life is is good, 4 shaves for me which is how long most good blades last for me.

In terms of not irritating my skin, this is among the best blades. How it really excels is that doesn't irritate by roughness in a really aggressive razor, but doesn't irritate by tugging in mild shavers.

I only have used 6 out of a 10 pack at this point, but each blade has been consistent and excellent.

Price is excellent. Not the absolute cheapest blade, but close.

Overall, this is a favorite blade in a couple razors (Aristocrat, Red-tip) and nearly as good in any other razor I have. If I could only use one blade for both face and head shaving, this would be it.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  2. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Good All Round Blade

Just when I thought I had settled my blade wars, I tried this one and it re-ordered my blade assessments.

This is as sharp as an Astra Superior and can do anything the Astra can do, but is more skin friendly, at least for me, especially on my neck. I get 3 or 4 three pass shaves out of this blade, which is about normal for me. I have used about 5 of these blades so far, and each has been consistent in quality. This is one of the few blades I can use in all of my razors (from DE86 to Fatboy to Red Tip to New), and expect superior results. Pricing is very good for the quality. This is one blade I can buy in bulk with confidence.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I found these blades sort of harsh, although they're still much milder than let's say, Feathers. Still however, I don't know if I'd want to buy them again, because for one thing, they didn't last so long for me. 3 shaves, and it was time to change them.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  4. Tforc

Tforc Member

Nice blade working through Bros sampler and he didn't even touch these but every time i prepped correctly seemed like i was getting a better shave with less passes. it also moved up to top 3 in the blade trials. will buy after i narrow down sampler.
    B

Carbide Mike likes this.
  5. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

These blades are awesome! I love using them, these blades and the Dorco ST301s are the only blades that really get me looking forward to my next shave. I can't believe that they're so good at such a low price.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  6. alex01

alex01 Active Member

IMHO not a good choice for me, I found one in the back of my shaving shelf this morning and decided to use it. After the first pass I was instantly remembered why it was lying there, it was feeling like dragging barbered wire on my face. Even thow if I remember correctly I had 2 blades given to me by a friend that liked them very much. After the first use it seems to be quite dull but i'll use it tomorrow to see how it feels (the things I do for science) :). About the price I can't say anything but they should be cheap to buy. The blade also needed a wipe to be cleaned as a simple rinse left it with some white goo on it. After 3 passes the shave is not as close as desired and it left my face with some irritation because of the extra pressure I had to apply during the shave. So I can't recommend this blades but it might just be me as they were recommended to me (actually gifted).

Carbide Mike likes this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Another case of YMMV.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  8. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

This thread messes with my mind in ways that I cannot begin to describe.

This blade is the end-be-all-blade of my dear @Shawna

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Carbide Mike likes this.
  9. alex01

alex01 Active Member

Second day, second shave, still as bad, but there might be more about it as after a google search I think there might be more than 1 supermax super stainless so this is the blade I have.

Attached Files:

Carbide Mike and Robyflexx like this.
  10. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yanno, now that I see the wrapper, I am reminded that @Shawna was into the supermax super platinum; not the stainless.

But yes, supermax has (had) a wide range. I think they had a diamond version too.

11. alex01

alex01 Active Member

I have them as well, the blue diamond platinum coated version but they are another story, I feel there is a giant difference between them thus why it intrigued me.