Omega Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Douglas Carey, Nov 20, 2015.

1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Oh, man. That is a knot I am gonna have to have. I had a bunch of Omegas early on: 49's, a 48 and a 98. I have just grown to like smaller brushes. The 10066 is my only Omega now, but I will soon have one of these. You are a gentleman and a scholar for mentioning it.

2. PickledNorthern

I kind of have them on my short list to order, but every time I look at them, I see high lofted three bands, and kind of rein back. I have all the floppy type badgers I need.

You never see anyone compare them to other brushes. You might hear: "Great brush, really soft. Better than my Escali I used for three months before all the hair fell outetc... I really think I have never read a review where someone says, "Soft tipped brush, super dense so hogs lather a bit, but opens up after a few lathers. Reminds me of a TGN deep set Premium Silvertip " Or something like that.

When you consider that you are going to drop nearly a hundred dollars into one to get a handle that isn't blow molded plastic, or generally lower end stock, I just tend to look elsewhere.

danbuter likes this.
  3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Jared, that brush eventually stopped shedding softened up and now works very well. :)

PickledNorthern likes this.
  4. PickledNorthern

I love my 10065/66 a lot. (I don't remember which is which ) I just didn't care for the handle. I put it in a custom, and it is an amazing brush that I still only have $40 or so into.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. PickledNorthern

That's too bad, because I was going to offer to blow it up for you...

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

The VDH handle, while not spectacular, could be reknotted. Just saying.

Robyflexx likes this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Just get one each.

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

:signs011:

swarden43 and Robyflexx like this.
  9. GaryMartin

GaryMartin Member

Wow, great posts!! The 10049 is my go to boar brush. I plan to turn a new handle for it just because!

RyX, White731 and Robyflexx like this.
  10. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Okay, I promised to stop doing this, but there are fellow FNG's out there that probably would benefit from this thread. Sooo, I've got an Omega 6212 Silvertip. Coming in the mail is a 10098. I'm looking forward to using the '98 next month along with the Route 66 Rum Runner soap that is also on the way via USPS. Any new thoughts on Omega brushes? Last post was 5/16.

RyX and Douglas Carey like this.
  11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I would stay away from their Barber Pole Silver tip, as it is very floppy. IMO.

DaltonGang likes this.
  12. RetLEO-07

With the 10098 I'll now have 3 brushes, the other being a Parker Silvertip. Probably no more brushes for me I would think.

13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Y
    You probably need another 20 or so brushes. :happy102:

wristwatchb, RyX and PickledNorthern like this.
  14. RetLEO-07

My BAD? :happy097:

Douglas Carey likes this.
  15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

There is a very recent, and active, thread on Omega versus Semogue brushes here on the forum. Last post on that was yesterday or today.

RyX and Douglas Carey like this.
  16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I have Pro 49 and love it, great brush for little $. Enjoy, I'm thinking about the 98 too.

Looking forward to seeing them in your pics.

DaltonGang and Douglas Carey like this.
  17. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

+1 same brush, same impression

18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Me, too.

19. RetLEO-07

From other threads I understand that there is a break in period for boars. Not a problem for me. But I've also read that they're okay right out of the package. Guess we'll see. According to Amazon my 10098 should be here tomorrow. Can't wait.

Douglas Carey and RyX like this.
  20. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Thats how it gets broken in - use it. Doesn't take long. I have two (1 each Semogue and Omega) boar brushes now and they both have turned out to be better than any of my badger brushes.

RetLEO-07 and Douglas Carey like this.