Not that I have the money

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Single Wedge, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

That's crazy! What makes it so expensive? This guy must related to the nut on eBay trying to sell the 195 for $3000! :happy102

3. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

My guess would be the enamel work and or the S. Clifford Co. also that could be real silver not plate.

4. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I had seen a Gillette Tiffany razor that went for an exorbitant amount on eBay (can't find a pic, darn it!), so maybe this is something similar?

5. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Keep in mind that this Wilkinson 7 Day razor is the same one I just paid $25 for off of eBay, and it doesn't even have the strop -- just some funny-looking metal tubes. I think the sellers at that site are a wee bit optimistic.

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

That is crazy, it isn't even that cool. Sure it is different, but really, that price is outrageous. Now this razor on the other hand, I want to know what it will go for.

7. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I don't know about that one, rodd. Did you notice that the seller does not show a picture of the razor assembled? Looks kind of funny to me.

8. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Yeah, I noticed, but the telescoping handle is identical to the Tiffany style Gillette. I bet this is built like jewery. If it does not go for over $500 I will be shocked.

edit: did you seriously score that 7 day set for $25?! That was a steal!

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Maybe you're right. That certainly has a solid looking case, doesn't it? And yes, I did score the Wilkinson for only $25 -- that would be $25 shipped, mind you. :D

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Now I know where to sell my razors :D

11. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

No, now you know where to let your razors sit and rust! :happy102

12. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

That might probably be true, too :rofl :rofl :rofl

13. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

wow, it went for the starting bid of $99! I expected more.

14. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

It's made out of bone from the long-extinct tiger moth

15. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Maybe this part of the description cooled a lot of jets:

"the tip shows a little wear where it screws in...I tried to screw it in gently, but it has a tight fit, and I wasn't able to screw it up completely...I didn't want to force it, afraid to damage it, but every time I tried it seems to go a little further...may be from lack of use, or possibly it was repaired??"

And is it just me, or do the head pieces seem like they might not be the original ones?

16. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

wow, yeah, I saw it, and knew I couldn't afford even the minimum bid, so I did not get that far in to the description. That would be enough to turn me off to it. No thanks!