The Haul: February 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

[​IMG]

From my friend John @Screwtape, a few nos vintage PAL carbon blades to try

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Scored these straights and strop. Along with electric clippers, Brown and Sharp hand clippers 2 old neck brushes and a travel bag. These belonged to an old barber.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Funny, that looks like a couple of straights and barbers hones to me

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike likes this.
  4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Haha. I forgot to mention those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    znice_razor.png

Carbide Mike likes this.
  7. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

My mom finally arrived safe home from RSA and brought the goods, that some of you may remember, my cousin brought back from the USA.

Maggard MR14 handle. Supposedly seconds, but I cannot for the life of me find any flaws on it!
    Maggard Orange Menthol shaving soap.
    Fine American Blend shaving soap (with empty TOBS container to put it in).
    Soap Commander Fortitude shaving soap.
    Antjies Rooibos handmade shaving soap from National Kruger Park of RSA with a synthetic brush.

[​IMG]

8. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Walking through a bargin barn I came across 3 straight razors, 3 single edge razors 2 were in cases, and a strop that looked like a pencil sharpener. I picked up 2 of the straights both American made. The third was from china, it was cool and I'll probably go back to see if he has it later. It had to have a 6" blade on it and weigh about a half pound lol.

White scaled razor is a H.M. Christensen. Got a chipped scale and some surface rust. It will take hair off though. Blade has a small frown to it. Mesures 9/16"

Green scaled razor is a King Razor King Midas. It also only has surface rust on one side of the blade. Measures 5/8"

They were basically stored in a barn so I think that's why it's got the rust on it. They should clean up nice. I'm thinking new scales for the H.M. though.

[​IMG]

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  9. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Im very jealous of this haul I must say. Update me on the menthol strength of the orange menthol

Carbide Mike, PLAla and tuxxdk like this.
  10. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Texas on fire is one of their most polarizing scents (I.e. some love it and some hate it). I thoroughly enjoy it, but it is incredibly strong, so you had better give it a container to itself set apart from others...or ALL of your soaps will smell like it! I learned this the hard way.

I thought if I separated them for a while, they would go back to the original scents... WRONG! Lol

11. tuxxdk

I will! Haven't tried it yet, but it's supposed to be mild aka just a touch of menthol.

Carbide Mike and Omelmad like this.
  12. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I finally picked up a modern DE, a RazoRock Black Hawk, $20 on TSN. Picked up some Feather ProGuard blades and my first try at some TOBS cream.
    20170204_154236.jpg

HERM

13. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Just arrived... I now have a working Stahly! I have a Stahly already but doesn't vibrate. I bought this "working" "broke" one off the bay. Luckily it does work as it should except for the cap stud being broke off in it. But it does vibrate when wound up. Also luckily, I was able to unscrew the broken stud with a pliers without using a drill and screw extractor. So I now have a fully functional Stahly!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Sounds nice

Carbide Mike likes this.
  15. tuxxdk

From their web: (god I love it already and I have only smeared my hands in it!!)

"Orange Menthol is fragranced with 100% essential oils, and contains menthol crystals for a light cooling effect. The sweet orange smell is balanced well with the cool menthol, for a wonderful, cool, sweet, citrus experience. We purposely kept the menthol low on this soap. If you are expecting something that will freeze your face off ,this is not it."

Carbide Mike, Omelmad and Linuxguile like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Can you swap a donor cap and handel onto the left over Stahly base plate? That would reduce nonfunctional bits to the sprung handle and broken cap!

Carbide Mike, alpla444 and Mustache like this.
  17. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Received two new razors today as a trade from @alpla444 in the U.K. First up is a nice piece of Sheffield Steel. Original horn scales have some nice color to them, and it has the original lead wedge. It is marked B.I.R.R. Trademark on one side of the blade, with a wagon wheel. The back side of the blade says 1501/34. French point, half hollow and 6/8 in size.
    IMG_5652.jpg
    The other razor is my first French blade. In new acrylic scales, with an awesome wedge, we have a Nessel 56, full hollow, 13/16 round point. The back side of the blade reads, "Garanti Trempe Et Affile, A La Main, M.D. 112. 481-M.I.54 762"
    IMG_5651.jpg
    I showed the French blade to my army of American Straights, with support units from Germany, England, and Russia. It promptly surrendered.

18. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

I haven't tried yet, but I will. I obviously have thought about that. The only thing would be if the cap is the same curvature to fit the base and hold the blade properly.

I will check it out with some other caps later.

Carbide Mike, Drygulch and RyX like this.
  19. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Glad they got to you OK, I hope they both shave well.
    Enjoy the razors.

Thanks for the trade.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike, twhite and Drygulch like this.
  20. tuxxdk

Used it today just this morning. I'd compare the menthol to Proraso White, if you can remember that soap? Around half of Green maybe? Very nice.

Carbide Mike and Omelmad like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.