On the quest for the best Aftershave in the world!!!

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by The Wet Shaver Scholar, Feb 1, 2017.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

And for that we can be truly thankful
    :eatdrink047:

PLANofMAN likes this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

It's true, the secret hideout for the Heroes would be too crowded. I give thanks daily. ;)

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    That's because only someone with a heroic constitution and a lack of olfactory senses can stand to wear the stuff. ;)

4. Bama Samurai

That's what the non-heroes say anyway. If we have to explain it...

RyX and PLANofMAN like this.
  5. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Then you would have people asking you to explain why people like the urinal puck scent of Arko...And wouldn't that be boring?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

It's true. A man is either a hero or not. I am glad you know where you stand.

wristwatchb, PLANofMAN and RyX like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

(to general readers: Ryan and I can do this all day. We think it's a good time. We don't mean it maliciously.)

PLANofMAN, RyX and RetLEO-07 like this.
  8. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I didn't realize this was up for debate. It's Floid Blue. There's no need for further discussion.

9. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Right...It's so popular, it's always on the verge of being discontinued. (According to rumours).

Bama Samurai and cmorris357 like this.
  10. cmorris357

Apparently it finally happened. I can't find it anywhere, except for a couple of bottles on eBay at $96 per. Probably watered down. My last couple of bottles came from Slovenia, but no more at that source.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

I wanted to love WH. It totally helped irritation when I was learning. It's the singular subtle scent in traditional shaving I really don't care for or enjoy. There is no denying the efficacy of WH, but I stick to Alum, unrinsed, underneath any AS.

RyX likes this.
  12. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I love the veg. It stays in my den at all times

13. Bama Samurai

Nice! Happy you are one of the chosen!

RyX likes this.
  14. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I actually first learned about it here on TSD. I have been a long-time user of pinaud clubman, but they don't sell the veg in stores where I live (at least, none I'm aware of), so I had to buy it online. I'm glad I did.

SharptoothC, RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  15. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Witch Hazel, aka Eau de Charred Newsprint. The scent grew on me after a while, and it lasts all of what, 20 -30 seconds?

16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Emphasis added, but I'm the same. I purchased WH, tried it, wasn't impressed. I do like the technique feedback and skin tightening of an alum block.

Now I'm going to have to find what's left of my straight up unscented bottle. Hope it hasn't gone rancid so I can get a true whiff.

17. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

My Pop mixed a little envelope of alum powder that he got from the pharmacist into his bottle of WH..
    He'd shake it and splashed, every day....80 years old not a neck wrinkle....could have been genetic but he swore by the WH/alum cocktail...then he splashed with Old Spice most years...Sometimes he'd use a high end...like Floris No89 AS....but the WH/alum cocktail stayed the same...

wristwatchb, SharptoothC, RyX and 2 others like this.
  18. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Barrister and Mann sell a clone of Floid blue called Reserve Cool. It's much closer than Razorock's Baby Blue Floid inspired clone.

19. cmorris357

Yeah, I was not impressed with the Baby Blue. Far too much powder scent. I've ordered a bottle of the B&M Cool. I'll pass judgment when it arrives.

PLANofMAN and Bama Samurai like this.
  20. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Isn't Baby Blue just Vitos dopobarba 400 with a different colour and a "funny" name?

Bama Samurai likes this.