Schick Type E4?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by '65 G-Slim, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    :happy102:

Billy..:chores016:

2. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]
    At the risk of totally missing the point - what handles are we talking about then? Unfortunately the picture from the OP is not showing in the thread I am viewing. The military issued E3 handle is the only E with a seamed handle that I am aware of (and therefore the only one that could have been left over and stuck on a G.) :signs002:

Billyfergie likes this.
  3. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Here is my early G1 with Schick Injector stamped on it. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I was thinking of reports of non seamed handles on some G but I'm willing to call it a day and concede the leftover parts issue as a figment of my Studebaker fumed imagination.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

5. Billyfergie

At the risk of totally missing the point - what handles are we talking about then? Unfortunately the picture from the OP is not showing in the thread I am viewing. The military issued E3 handle is the only E with a seamed handle that I am aware of (and therefore the only one that could have been left over and stuck on a G.) :signs002:[/QUOTE]
    Some of the Canadian Made Type Es had a the Seamed Ivory Handle & Continued to Do So Long After they Stopped Making the Type Es in the USA Plant in 1946..Also..The Canadian Plant Never made any Type Gs at All..:)

Karl G likes this.
  6. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Ah, got it. :happy088:A bakelite handle on a G would be interesting. Just to continue the oddities of the Schick handles theme a bit, here's a G1 with a caramel colored seamed handle:
    G1 Caramel.jpg

...and here's a white seamed handle on a Canadian E2...
    E2 Canadian.jpg

Karl :happy036:

Billyfergie, jmudrick and twhite like this.
  7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE] Some of the Canadian Made Type Es had a the Seamed Ivory Handle & Continued to Do So Long After they Stopped Making the Type Es in the USA Plant in 1946..Also..The Canadian Plant Never made any Type Gs at All..:)

Billy..:chores016:[/QUOTE]
    Oh, the Canadian E4 that looks like a G1 due to the seamed handle. I forgot that one... :happy102:
    Canadian E4.JPG

Karl

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I wish I actually liked shaving with the G more given the number of varieties out there.

Karl G, Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Me too. I find them a bit mild for my liking.

'65 G-Slim, Billyfergie and jmudrick like this.
  10. Billyfergie

Oh, the Canadian E4 that looks like a G1 due to the seamed handle. I forgot that one... :happy102:
    View attachment 126483

Karl[/QUOTE]
    [​IMG]
    :happy102:

Karl G likes this.
  11. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Funny thing is I have the whole collection of G types but have never really liked shaving with them, either. I'd sell them if the right opportunity came along. I did a progressive set of shaves through them some time ago trying different blades but never really connected. :(

jmudrick, twhite and Billyfergie like this.
  12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Funny indeed given how long they lasted in the Schick lineup. A decade is a long time. I don't imagine by 1955 anybody was real excited to get a new Schick in the Christmas stocking.

Whole Lotta Gs out there.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  13. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

It would be nice if there was a definitive source of credible info on Schicks. It was the same with the coffee pots I collected a few years back...finding info on some of them was nigh on impossible. But all the ones I bought, I made sure they were usable. No sense having them if you can't use 'em.

Billyfergie likes this.
  14. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I actually like my G types more than the E2 I have. Sensitive skin, I reckon.

Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  15. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

A lot of people love the G - a classic case of YMMV. :) This reference is always a good starting point on Schick injectors: http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm :happy088:

Billyfergie likes this.
  16. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Are the G and I heads identical as has been said by some? I vastly prefer my I1 and I2.

17. Billyfergie

No..The G Type is More Aggressive than the I Type..The I Type was a Major Change..The Type I 1 Can Also Take a Twin Blade..The Type I 2 has the Rinsing Lever Function or Hydro Head..It Only Takes a Single Blade..:happy088:

Karl G likes this.
  18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Yes, have them all and the I1 with Twins is stellar. If the G is more efficient than the I even with a single blade it's not apparent to me. My I2 shaves as close as my three Gs, is superior in smoothness and handling.

19. Shave7

Shave7 Active Member

I think both sides of this argument have merit. However . . .

What I don't understand is how could there be a different amount of handles for an intended razor head? It seems to me if they made x number of handles they would make x number of intended razor heads also.

I'm sure there's an explanation. I just haven't thought of it yet.

20. Billyfergie

They Used Around 10/12 Different Handles for the G Type Alone..Cosmetic Marketing Reasons..The Same as Different Colour of Paint jobs in Say a Car or Different Upholstery..:)

Karl G, Linuxguile and twhite like this.