On the quest for the best Aftershave in the world!!!

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by The Wet Shaver Scholar, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

We need a Veg passaround

Demidog, ob1page, Primotenore and 2 others like this.
  2. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

There is also this great review from a customer at well.ca:

"Jim: more than a year ago

Tried it once years ago. I didn't mind it but when we had company over and my buddy's wife asked if someone was spraying bug killer i stopped using it."

Amazingly, he gave it 3 stars...

3. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

There's not enough room on the average postal truck for all the hazardous materials signs.

Primotenore, jtspartan and PLANofMAN like this.
  4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

For the life of me I can't figure out why it is considered so "polarizing."

Barrister and Mann Night Music= polarizing

Pinaud Lilac Vegetal =floral +powder (what I imagine a dapper gentlemen in 1804 would smell like)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Primotenore, Bird Lives and RyX like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

There's three kind of people;

1. Those that have not tried The Veg
    2. Those that don't like The Veg
    3. Heroic Proud Wearers of The Veg

The Uninitiated should gather, send a dollar to Participant Number One. and put their name on the Pass Around list!

Demidog, ob1page and Primotenore like this.
  6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I would be willing to get in on that.. I need to see if I am one of the chosen. Or a brand new bachelor:happy102:

7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I can't figure it out either....I mean I know any frag depends on how it reacts with your own natural skin and oils to produce the final scent...and no fragrance will work for everyone because of this....But this has worked for enough folks to stay in uninterupted production since Napolean..., So from about 1880 til WWI, it was the only choice in most Barber Shops...So folks from Wyatt Earp to John Wayne pick it as their signature scent.

To me, like the gentleman above, it smells like Lilacs and Powder. At first splash I dig it..I like to layer it with Aqua Velva Musk to give the one dimensional Lilac....more depth...But I have found if I get it on my clothes, after the first day it stays, and can be a little strange. So I don't put it on my clothes...And I have found the same to be true with more than one, high end frags...Guerlain Habit Rogue EdT isn't nice on a dress shirt a week later...uggg! :happy097:

So if one must be picked by the Veg and not the other way around....Let's get this Veg passaround train running! Whose the conductor?

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

We did a Veg Passaround 'bout a year, year and a half ago.
    I discovered I was not chosen.
    Before putting it on, I told my wife some people say it smells like cat urin. After applying, she said, "Yup. Now go shower."

Bird Lives, jtspartan, RyX and 3 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

especially bearded ones...

10. hamoncan

hamoncan Member

So do alum and witch hazel pretty much have the same effect? I've never tried witch hazel

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  11. swarden43

12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

It's been awhile.....but if I remember correctly.....the Veg layered with the Aqua Velva Musk very well but the cat's urine only really layered well :shocked003: with vintage Shalimar EdP...But the Cat's Urine layered with the Veg, well that was just tooo much of a good thing :lam:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :prrr:

RyX likes this.
  14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Those "haters" of the Veg probably adore Axe...Boom!
    :signs011: :signs136:

RyX likes this.
  15. swarden43

Not!

16. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

What is the staying power of this AS? I'm looking for a long lasting bay rum

17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    It's not terribly long lasting. After thirty minutes, all that is left is a caramel vanilla scent that lingers close to the skin and lasts for hours. The bay rum part of the aftershave is gone in about 15-20 minutes.

ob1page likes this.
  18. ob1page

Consider it done. I have a bottle that sits unused. I am not chosen.

Demidog, swarden43 and twhite like this.
  19. ob1page

Thanks for responding. The longest lasting bay rum I've found is Pinaud and it only lasts a few hours. I'm looking for 12 + hours

20. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Nope. You won't find one. Certain scents just don't last very long, even when concentrated. Bay rum, limes, anything citrus based.

The absolute strongest and longest lasting bay rum I've used is Ogalla's double strength cologne. It will make your eyes water when you put it on. It can last up to eight hours, depending on how it reacts to your skin chemistry. If you put it on your clothes, it will last for days.

http://bayrum-aftershave.com/genuine-ogallala-bay-rum-product-categories/ogallala-bay-rum-colognes/

ob1page likes this.