Schick Type E4?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by '65 G-Slim, Feb 9, 2017.

1. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I think what the greatest cause of my confusion is with Appleby's descriptions. Between the two types. Like the E type...caramel bakelite handle (with the addition of the "rarely seen" black handle of the E5). And the G type, when Eversharp took over...plastic handle with the seam and in various colors. I took it literally, too much, I reckon, that*all* type G razors would bear the Eversharp stamp. I've got two identical razors, both with the cream plastic (seamed) handle...one stamped "Schick Injector" and the other "Eversharp Schick"...
    [​IMG]
    ...where the only other difference is the slight change in font of the patent info, "Made in USA", and "Key" stampings. Very slight. The parallel lines on the safety bar seem to be a bit more pronounced on the Eversharp model, too. The "ears" on the spring, where it locks into the tab, look to be more even and squared off than the Schick (its right "ear" is a tad narrower and rounded). All this might be spitting hairs,but I've become accustomed to looking for the slightest variations in stuff. Oh, the Schick's handle has a slight yellowish tint to it, too.

It could be I'm getting old & senile, too.

Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Appleby Does Say that His Descriptions are Not Complete or Exhaustive..I had a Type E 5 with a Black Handle..There was Also a Type E 2 with a Black Handle as Well..Also..There was a G Type with a Black Handle..The Type E 5 is Probably as Rare as the Type E 1..I have a Type E 1 as Well..:)

Billy..:chores016:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Karl G and '65 G-Slim like this.
  3. '65 G-Slim

I would probably pay considerably for a black-handle. I have a blue with textured gold head...my high school colors...and it's quite a looker. Black & gold must have been gorgeous.

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  4. Billyfergie

Incoming PM..I Know where a Black Handled Type E 2 is Sitting Right Now..Nice n All..Velly Cheap..Velly Clean GI..:happy097:

'65 G-Slim and PickledNorthern like this.
  5. '65 G-Slim

Huh. I guess this answers my question. This is supposed to be an ad from 1948 for the Eversharp Schick Injector Razor...you can see "Schick Injector" stamped on the base of the spring.
    [​IMG]

Karl G, twhite and Billyfergie like this.
  6. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

These actually come up every so often on eBay and generally don't go for much of a premium. I don't know why. I got this E2 for the minimum bid. I had forgotten about it and missed the ending and no one else showed up. I think it was about $15. The next time I see one I'll PM you.
    Black Handle early E2.JPG

Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Ooops - I just looked above and see Billy's beaten me to it. :happy088:

8. '65 G-Slim

That's one good-lookin' razor.

Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Kinda bugs me.. It's like trying to choose between two girlfriends based upon a checklist of pros and cons. Yeah more aggressive than the I, smoother than the E2, I SHOULD love the G. Nope. I'd buy a G2 just because it's soooo good looking but it would probably sit forlorn and neglected like its siblings. In the words of the sage George Costanza , it's not you it's me.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Billyfergie, Karl G and twhite like this.
  10. Billyfergie

There were 4 Different Models of the Type E 2..The One that @Karl G is Displaying was the 1st Type E 2 Model that Opens..Its By Far the Smoothest & that's the General Consensus by the Boys that Own them..The Type Es Got Progressively Milder through the Timeline..The Exception to the Rule was the Rare Type E 5 which has an Identical Blade Exposure to the Type E 1 which was the Most Aggressive of the Type E Variants..:happy088:

twhite and Karl G like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I bought a few Schick Canadian injector E series razors recently at a Antique store in June 2018 and finally getting around to using them with new blades and my conclusion is the E2 (side wings to designate) is mid range razor that is very efficient and the E5 black handle is more aggressive & very efficent and will give any modern day razor a run for a very aggressive razor IMO.
    The E4 or E5 black handle with a new blade will give a BBS shave that the next day making you wonder if you should shave!(OCT 27/18 found out why the E5 was so aggressive, blade was lifted up by the blade stops a bit making it a bit more aggressive.)
    Schick E2 Butterscotch handle Vs E4 black handle.jpg New razor aggression chart of most of my razors approxmate areas of concern..jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018