Wristwatches: where do you wear yours?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Left arm above the wrist joint with the watch face inward. Meaning the face is towards the body. It protects the face from hitting things and getting scratched but also since my watch is "very" luminous - don't want the enemy to see it at night. Or at least that was why some years ago - now its just habit. Plus when you are sitting in a long boring meeting its easier to read the watch without conspicuously turning your wrist over.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    dustmite, RetLEO-07 and gorgo2 like this.
  2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Dates, interviews,dinner out, church. Anywhere that a classy touch is welcomed.

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I back a few of my watches with clear resin half-domes (self-adhesive) available at craft stores. They're actually the "glass" for miniature clocks. They make the flat back on most watches more comfortable and also snug up the fit just a bit. Cheap, too, they come in a six pack.

4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I may have to give that a shot!

5. RetLEO-07

That was Mussolini. I don't know what he wore.

gorgo2 likes this.
  6. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

That's the way my dad wore his watch, as did I when I still wore one. His reasoning for the "reverse" orientation was, as a truck driver, he could look at it without having to take his hand off the steering wheel. My reason was simply because that was how dad did it.

swarden43, gorgo2 and Col C like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Fascio (Casio for fascists).

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  8. RetLEO-07

:happy097: