The Haul: March 19 - March 25

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by moviemaniac, Mar 19, 2007.

1. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Halleluja, Joe! Now, that's one hell of a haul! :eek: :drool :cool:

@Jeff: Ja, ist eine tolle Seife :)

2. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Shave Soap:

[​IMG]

3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

looking tasty! :D

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I forgot:
    Today I got my new EMAG Emmi 05 ultrasonic cleaner - not only for my DEs :D

Attached Files:

5. Will

Will Nevermind

SR 3824:bounce :happy108 :happy108 :happy108 :happy093

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow,

Sweet scores today guys, Love the ultrasonic cleaner. It will come in sooo handy.

Doc, any pics of the brush?

I got a decant of Czech & Speake Neroli today, Penhaligons Castile is much better IMO :(

7. Will

Will Nevermind

Comming soon, in action too. :D

8. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sweet!! :D

9. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Pecksniffs samples arrived today.

10. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Klaus - Very cool!:happy088 Used for your straights too?

11. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Pristine '60 Gillette Fatboy (Thanks Antique Hoosier!)
    (Now I can add my '63 Fatboy to a Newbie package... it's not shiny-pretty-collectable, but it shaves like a dream and it's a FATBOY!)
    Large brown Moss Scuttle (Thanks TJ!!)
    QED Lemon Verbena Hydrosol
    QED Lemon Peel A/S Conditioner
    MaleFace Moisturizer
    QED Bath Soaps: Apollo, Jazz, Lindy and Ranger
    Booster Spice Orient Aftershave
    Floris Elite Shave Soap
    Blue Orchid Hair Dressing w/oil
    B&B Decant SMN Russa Cologne
    B&B Decant Acca Kappa Cedar

Not a bad week... and I've discovered a new love in my life.. the Moss Scuttle!

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:happy036Nice work buddy! Enjoy 'dem goodies :D

13. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Klaus looks awesome ! I have been wanting to buy an ultra sonic cleaner for ages for jewelry and def. the DE's Im fed of using boiling water and dish washer soap.
    whats the liquid bottle there ?

14. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Thanks, Joe :D
    Well, yes, you can use it for the straights too. Handy for old ones from the flea market or ebay as it easily cleans even the toughest to get at -spots in the scales.
    Also great for glasses, fountain-pens, jewelry, coins, 3rd teeth, pocket knives...

Thank you kindly, Rene ::
    Actually, cleaning the DEs was also the main reason for me. :D
    The liquid bottle is a standard cleaning-fluid for pretty much everything, glasses, jewqelry, DEs, straights...
    The Emmi 5 is actually the smallest model they have (of the digital cleaners, that is), but it's just the right size for "household-use". I scored it off ebay, new and unused from a merchant. Paid 91€ shipped, normally this one costs ~110-120€ before shipping :cool:

Great haul, Baloosh! ::

15. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Is there a reason Klaus you chose for this model ?

there are many models out there even models that go as low as 30 euro sometimes you can have ebay bargains from an ignorant seller,buyer...

I think these will go soon as much as the make your own bread baking machines went but this one will actaully see much use def. super handy for my De's and straights didnt even think of the straights ! those are more painfull to clean.

Can you post for us a before and after pic of a DE make it really dirty with lots of calcium spots on the DE and then use the cleaner .

To me its one of those TV dinners commercials..you know the TellSell stuff this bed is the best bed in the world blows itself up etc..etc so Im hesitant if it works..proof me wrong Klause...BITTE Mach das gut .. :D

16. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

You're right, Rene, there are many so-called ultrasonic-cleaners out there for very little money. But those aren't ultrasonic-cleaners ;) They've got a little motor inside that shakes the thing around, but in the end running water would be more efficient than these things ;)
    ~100 € is the entry-cost into the world of "real" digitally controlled ultrasonic-cleaners, everything else is sheer crap. Emag also offers an analogue lowest-end model for ~70€ but that's as cheap as it gets.

The reason why I went for this model is that it's the best machine in regards to price/performance. Other companies don't even offer their entry-models below 180€ or so and they're weaker in performance...

All I can say is that these professional cleaners are used by watch-makers and opticians to clean their products, by doctors to sterilise their stuff and many more professions. They really do work.
    Today I cleaned up an old Pelikan fountain pen I once purchased off ebay. The nib had unremovable stains and the inside of the cap was black because of old ink - I could never get it to shine. 6 minutes in the cleaner and the pen looks like new, the insides of the cap are relieved of the decades-old ink.

Give me a few days/weeks and I'll post some pics when I'm cleaning my DEs for the next time :)
    Or, maybe I'll try to get a DE really dirty today, let's see if it works that way :D

all the best,
    Klaus ::

17. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

update: I'm currently working on some pics before/afterwards of
    a) an old, over-used razor-cartridge
    b) a corroded, filthy zippo-wannabe

Oh, and to give this post some sense:
    today I received 25g of Lanolin (for my dry skin) from carbolicsoap.com :D

18. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

well, ladies and gentlemen, there you go. Both items cleaned up nicely - the pics just don't do them justice (especially the cartridge - in reality it looks like brand-new now!). 95% of the rust and the corrosion on the lighter went away - they'd be completely gone if I had worked manually on it before to get the biggest junks of dirt out. But if I now give it a minute with a cotton bud it'll look like brand new.
    There are still some hairs in the cartridge from the last time I used it to trim my chin-beard a coupla years back. But that's not the fault of the ultrasonic-cleaner, they're here to get rid of the very fine dirt and they just can't move those big hairs that are trapped inside.

But now for the pics:
    (they could've been sharper, but I forgot I had set an ISO-level of 1600 :rolleyes: )

BEFORE:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

AFTER:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

pics of the machine cleaning a DE will follow in a new thread as soon as my next DE is in need of cleaning :D

19. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

That is incredible! I almost can't believe how new they look. Works like a charm :happy088

20. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Tube of C&E Sandlewood
    Tube of C&E Nomad
    Tube of C&E Sienna
    (3) C&E Sweet Almond Oil Shaving Soap Refills