Why do YOU use the aftershave you use?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Fly2High, Feb 16, 2017.

1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

@OP-I like the soothing affect after a shave, the scent, and usually the menthol. All of my aftershaves have at least 2 of the 3 going for them.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  2. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Carbide Mike likes this.
  3. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

I use Azzaro Visit. I like the cologne and the aftershave is a balm that is very light on fragrance. If I wear another fragrance, I will use a unscented witchhazel.

4. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I like aftershaves skin benefits. It simply makes me feel like a million bucks before heading into work. Right now I'm working on Proraso Green (refreshing) but a favorite of mine is certainly Speick!

Carbide Mike likes this.
  5. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Old Spice. It's got a good beat and you can dance to it.

6. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:happy097: :happy102:

BigMike and Carbide Mike like this.
  7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My aftershave choices vary from one day to another. Why I use them is simple - it's because I enjoy them. :)

8. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I use Old Spice because its Old Spice. Its a classic mens' scent.

jeraldgordon and Carbide Mike like this.
  9. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Lucky Tiger: Fantastic soothing qualities that dries quickly with no "oil slick" feeling leftover.

She's Nut Oil: Hands down, the best moisturizer I've ever used for a post shave balm. Will never get irritation or burn after you apply this.

Keithmax and Carbide Mike like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

have used aftershave since high school.we all know why,only thing i have known as the end part of a shave.love the scents.

Carbide Mike and Bama Samurai like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Hi. I am Chris. I am a Pinaud and drug store AS junkie. I like the alcohol feel.

12. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

13. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hi Chris...
    I'm also in Pinauld and Drug Store AS's....
    I like to first, splash with Thayer's Witch Hazel...always.....or any good WH
    Then I pick a Clubman for the day...lately either Special Reserve or Original, or Vanilla...
    After a palm of Clubman, I usually do a 1/2 palm of Aqua Velva Musk....
    This formula works great, but you might have to walk around with straight pins in your mouth to keep unknown woman from kissing you!!! :eek:

This is my recent regime....and if I'm going out to a club or to play a gig....I might spitz twice with either
    Tom Ford's Nior EdT or Guerlain's Habit Rogue....But if I'm going out for a date with my wife, I'll use Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin EdT, she loves that like no other cologne....She really loves those AS cocktails I talked about above though. But that Lempicka Au Masculin drives her crazy...If you are looking for something that attracts woman...give that Au Masculin a shot...don't let the name throw you....It's a gourmand with a touch of licorice and vanilla, very tastefully done...

And I also can't suggest enough, to try that slight layering of AS's.....It gives them more depth and you can really create your own signature...The Pinaulds are great for this and they are inexpensive enough so you can buy many for experimental purposes....and the Aqua Velva Musk layers beautifully with all of them...just don't use too much. That Musk can just take over, but a little really adds a bit of sweet, that most woman like...

14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

AV Musk is a fixture in my cabinet! Will search for the others you mention. Thank you.

Bird Lives likes this.
  15. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

Bird Lives - Thanks for posting your experience!
    Let's see: I really like AV Musk. I have some Clubman Special Reserve & Original & Vanilla... I LOVE them all.
    I'll admit that I've never mixed any of these scents, as I like them just fine individually.

Your post has inspired me to do some experimenting.
    I'm going to mix these up as you describe, and see what happens.
    Thanks!

OH MAN! I just realized that I ran out of AV Musk a couple of weeks ago.
    Guess I'll need to pick some up SOON.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Bird Lives likes this.
  16. smittywerbenmanjensen

smittywerbenmanjensen Active Member

Good question. I guess we are all a little narcissitic. I like to smell nice around the people I work with (especially the ladies). I have many different scents that range from bay rum to old school barber shop. Some are aftershaves and some are colognes. I usually use a different one every day.

Bird Lives likes this.
  17. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Trying to be clean shaven, neat and smelling great, could just be, more like being thoughtful and considerate of those around us than narcissistic....Which would make us not only smart, goodlooking and sweet smelling, but thoughtful aswell....:eek:

Keithmax likes this.
  18. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I use aftershaves that I think smell nice like Clubman are Old Spice or ones that feel nice like Nivea balm.

19. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

that is a great rite of passage story

20. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I try to match my aftertreatments with my soap/cream 's I use. The makers of the soaps make them smell so nice, i try to keep the scent going by using a complementary aftershave treatment. That said, I like a three stage aftershave treatment. I like to wash my face with cold water, then a slap wash of alcohol based aftershave, then finally a rubdown with a light creamy balm (witch hazel based is nice).
    So after all this my face feels well treated to go on to the day. The scents don't have to match exactly, but i have enough stock in my bathroom, I can normally find items close or complement each other.
    I like clubman, lustray, and crusellas for the alcohol wash. Mostly because they come in an array of scents and are inexpensive. Ive added menthol to many of my wash/aftershaves. I like the cooling hum/burn.