My Little Antique Store Find

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Nothing that exciting, really. I'm not even sure if this is post-worthy. It's just an NOS Aristocrat in a presentation box. :D

Strange thing about this is, I thought that this particular set was from the early 50's, but the razor has no date code. :confused:

You can see where the $5 selling price was pencilled in on the bottom of the presentation case (pic #2).

Other than the two little stains on the lid of the presentation case (pic #1), this thing is pristine, and I have absolutely zero doubts that it was ever used. There is not even a speck of dust to found anywhere on it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

Wow, nice find!!

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow indeed, congrats Rick on a sweet find!! :drool :drool :drool :happy005

4. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

So...you walk around the antique store, turn the corner and think to yourself, "What's this?". Open the box and :shocked003

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

What is "brushless" shaving cream? Musta been one of those new-fangled inventions they wasted their time on in the 50s instead of the flying cars and instant food we were SUPPOSED to have by now....losers. :D

6. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Something like that. At first, all I noticed was the razor in its "pigskin" case, and then I saw the rest and pretty much did a bit of a freak out.

7. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Wow! What a find!:happy088

8. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

That is an absolutely incredible find! Congratulations!!!

WOW!

9. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Oh My, you are indeed a lucky dude. What a find!

10. spinyeel

spinyeel Member

Great score mate.;) It makes me wonder how such a magnificent razor could survive all those years without getting near a face.:cool::cool:

11. harry

harry New Member

Very special indeed

12. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I'm impressed, and that doesnt usually happen. Plenty of people walk out of antique stores with nice razors for a few dollars but its deffinetly not often that you find a full unused set. And when people do, theyre usually outrageously priced. So congrats on a great find for a great price. Too bad the set IS complete, because now you cant pop the cherry and use it :D

13. riffin

riffin Active Member

Yep, you're right. Not very post worthy... Wow! :eek: Can you take me shopping some day? Pretty please!

14. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

nice find.....

YOURE STILL A DING DONG!

;)

15. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

How can a monkey be a pastry?

idd.jpg

16. yayrum

yayrum New Member

I'll give you the $5 for it right now.:D

17. smokelaw1

smokelaw1 Member

Heck, I'll give you a 20% profit and give you $6! Given the market this year...20% is nothing to sneeze at!

18. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

was $5 your price? I assumed that was the original price, if you actually got it for that, you might have the police knocking at your door, because you robbed an antique store.

19. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

hahaha

20. Hiya Rick,
    Thanks for posting those pics..........quite a treat. I didn't even know an item like that was in existence.You know, a little over a year ago I wouldn't have seen the beauty in that set, but now.........whew! I'm glad for you, since I know you tend to collect a few things now and then......
    No, I'm not even envious, since I know I could never actually shave with that razor, although I guess I could get used to just having it around...heh.
    Very very nice score.
    Martin