Godrey Shaving Round Soap Review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Smooth Steve, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Excellent. I look forward to hearing how it is.
    Steve

2. Grandmaster Kek

Grandmaster Kek New Member

Good Morning.

Trigodon Wild Seas Review (Please find images below):

Positives:
    - Lather (Please see image 4 below): Excellent. Loads of tall creamy peaks. The lather exploded like a volcano after 5-6 seconds of loading within the box. I think this is why they suggest sticking to 5 seconds of loading on the back of the box as opposed to anything else.
    - Fragrance: Excellent. Smells like Old Spice (Fresh Lime) minus something. More Fresh than Floral if you know what I mean. I wouldn't have minded it being a little more floral, but hey, I'm in India and there is a volcano of creamy old spicey lather in my hand, I am not complaining. If you use this soap and an Old Spice Aftershave, you shouldn't be surprised if someone goes: "Put an Old Spice T Shirt on, why don't you."
    - Packaging: I'm liking the lid, has an extrusion of some sort of warrior on a throne with two spears.

Negatives:
    - Packaging: The box is a little too travel size for the explosion. This seems to be a common problem nowadays. Soap manufacturers really need to start increasing the free space/filled space ratio if they are going to be selling tins as opposed to standalone soaps. For example, The "Howtogrowamoustache" soaps are filled to the brim? Where's the sense in that?

Conclusion: I think it has raised the bar for me from what to expect from Indian products and consequently I am going to stock up on a lot more of the local products before I leave. I'll get back to you on the other fragrance as well, I'm definitely picking up another one now. Even though this seems like a smaller box than the older one, I quite like the design more. This however restricts me to only the Woodland Umber fragrance.

Gonna try and find the Parker Razor manufacturers by the way. Gonna tell them to improve on the functionality of the 22R. It's wonderful when it works, but it keeps breaking down and I have to keep repairing it. Poor Manufacturing quality.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG
    photo 4.JPG

3. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Sounds and looks great. Nice write up. Thanks.

Mike Brown and crackstar like this.
  4. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac Active Member

I haven't tried the Wild Seas one yet but the Trigodon Woodland Umber one rocks! Nice scent and like you said, HUGE amounts of lather without even barely trying.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Frijolero likes this.
  5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

And available outside of India now. Cool. That was not the case for a few years.

RyX and Scott_Mac like this.
  6. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac Active Member

Yep, available on Amazon now with Prime shipping!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Frijolero likes this.
  7. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

The Trigodon Woodland Umber is 700 rupees ($10) in India! Wow! That is a luxury soap indeed.

If you check the local Indian grocery stores, unavailable products can sometimes be found. At least it is that way near me. Often there are shaving products never mentioned on the forums, and prices are usually dirt cheap. I don't recall ever seeing Trigodon soaps, though. They do seem like they are worth trying.