What Do Women Like?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by lovenhim, Oct 13, 2009.

1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

My experience has been- when it comes to what a wife likes ,Your Mileage Will Vary and you've got a 50/50 chance. Example: My wife likes soapy scents, but thinks Palmolive is just bareable. And she doesn't like sandalwood, but I've shaved with/worn different sandal woods around her and some she likes, some she doesn't. She doesn't like highly "perfumed" scents, but likes Tabac and some of the Caties Bubbles more highly scented offerings. She likes florals, but doesn't like lilac. I generally have to get something in a scent profile and then gauge her reaction so I can intuit what "shade" of a scent she can stand or hopefully like. And then that is subject to change

Keithmax and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

pinaud clubman, ysl lhomme,razorock puros.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Paul Turner likes this.
  3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Since it's Valentine's Day, after this morning's shave, I splashed on Aramis which is Herself's all time favorite AS. I walked by her on my way to walk the dog and got a big smile and a wink. Oh boy!

Paul Turner, Keithmax, MR41 and 2 others like this.
  4. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Luckily, like myself, my wife is obsessed over vanilla or almond scents. She also likes a citrus scents like grapefruit or blood orange. When ever I shaved with Cella she would have her nose buried into my cheek and neck, lol. :)

Keithmax, RetLEO-07 and Linuxguile like this.
  5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

You know Cella has an aftershave now. I don't know if it smells like the soap though.

6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

If their colognes are any indication, then no.

The Cella colognes are excellent though, in my opinion.

Linuxguile likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Stirling's Sandpiper is a clone of that.

Carbide Mike and brit like this.
  8. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

No. I just received a bottle of Cella after shave in today's mail along with a couple new soaps. It has a very nice scent but it is not the same as the soap. I like it and will add it to the rotation - but I was expecting that it would smell like Cella soap - which is one of my favorite soaps.
    Cella:Tabac.jpg

9. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Issey Miyake , Aqua Di Gio, or Channel Egoiste will have her visiting Victoria Secrets frequently. !. Wal-Mart, not so much ! :)

DaltonGang, mrchick and twhite like this.
  10. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I was just reminded today that my a,I'm squeeze prefers the smell of good violin :sad027:

Carbide Mike likes this.
  11. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Credit cards. They like credit cards.

12. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Mine loves Issey Miyake. Me, not so much. A few years ago, I got tired of tracking this stuff down, every Christmas, so I ordered a jumbo bottle. I saved a lot, and havent had to hunt the stuff down since then.

Carbide Mike and RetLEO-07 like this.
  13. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

I have been using Fujiyama. It is very similar and Issey Miyake is more expensive.

DaltonGang likes this.
  14. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Read a article about 7 years ago in GQ, or Esquire and they blindly tested fragrance's for women to smell and surprisingly, the majority of the women tested all chose Candie's for men. It was the most inexpensive one tested, and it is a citrus scent, similar to Clinique "Happy" for men.

BigMike likes this.
  15. Maximumsmoke

Maximumsmoke Active Member

Sounds like it's time for an objective test for each individual. It'll take some time. Shave right after work, splash on the test solution and head straight to the bar for happy hour. Announce to the first girl you meet there that you're after her evaluation of your aftershave scent. She will very likely oblige you. Other girls will wonder what you're doing, or you can tell them straight-up, and they'll join in the "work". You'll meet a lot of nice people, and you can tell them you'll be back with the next sample scent, where and when. This might take all summer long. Who knows where it might lead. You guys still in your university days can write papers about your research for college credit. Now if you're married or otherwise tied up, your range of scent evaluators is probably much more limited, and the process goes more quickly. I don't mind a long process now and then -- it's about the journey, not the destination.;)

16. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

God only knows

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike and Keithmax like this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

Delayed Gratification for the win!

Carbide Mike and mrchick like this.
  18. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I'm not goin' anywhere near this one.

Carbide Mike and RyX like this.
  19. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I will probably pass.

If you are much younger than me she'll think you are hitting on her. She'd be right. If you are my age she'll think you are a skeeve. She'd be right. If you are much older than me she'll think you walked out of the nursing home, and your wander bracelet didn't set the alarm off.

mrchick, Carbide Mike, RyX and 2 others like this.
  20. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My wife loves the scents of the Razorock One X aftershave and soap and the Reef Point Fougere Santal aftershave - she bought them for me as gifts!

Paul Turner likes this.