Please Recommend a Patchouli

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Redrock, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

The last time I tried Patchouli soap was many years ago. I acquired it from a vendor on Etsy. It burned my face terrible bad. Please recommend a mild, yet nicely scented, Patchouli. I do not want to acquire a entire puck/cream only to have problems.

Thanks much.......................

Carbide Mike, RyX and Keithmax like this.
  2. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I've used Kiss My Face peaceful patchouli and got very good shaved with it. Patchouli scent isn't real strong, but you can smell it.

KMF uses natural ingredients. So you should not have any face burning issues. Didn't bother me at all and I have had burn issues with a few other soaps & creams as well.

It's also very inexpensive too.:happy088:

Carbide Mike and RyX like this.
  3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Valobra makes a mild scented patchouli, it is tallow based and excellent performance.

Carbide Mike and RyX like this.
  4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

The best that I have encountered is the Last&L grooming/chatillon lux yuzu, rise, patchouli. It has a soap, aftershave, aftershave salve, and toner available. I recommend the soap and Aftershave. It smells incredible and us a top performer. Chatillon Lux makes what may be the best Aftershave on the market these days.

Carbide Mike, Ksblazer and RyX like this.
  5. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Carbide Mike, Ksblazer and RyX like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Soap Commander makes a wonderful Lime & Patchouli.

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Patchouli Essential oil varies depending on the flowers harvested & the process used reducing and concentrating it. I have two different bottles and really like one, the other I could bin without a care.
    If you want to experiment check Health Food stores, Pharmacies, and Beauty Supply shops. The same E.O. can be added to witch hazel.
    A caution though; These E.O.'s are concentrated plant extracts and can cause irritation.

Carbide Mike and Ksblazer like this.
  8. Redrock

Thanks for the replies.

Carbide Mike and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'll vouch for the quality of KMF. Excellent lather. Scent was as @Ksblazer described, very subtle.
    While I've never tried their patchouli, I have tried their cool mint.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have used one from the TSD store. Joanna makes a great one . The one I got was the wheat if I recall. Well worth the time to order it.

Carbide Mike, RyX and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  11. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

KMF soaps are great. I just picked up a Patchouli Sandalwood soap from Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations that I really like so far as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

12. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

+1 for this. Never thought I'd be a patchouli fan, but I love that soap. Soap Commander "Respect."

RaZorBurn123 and Carbide Mike like this.
  13. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Mandarin and patchouli by St James is very nice.

14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm with you, Patchouli reminds me of when I worked Grateful Dead concerts way back in the day

RyX, Carbide Mike and JBSharp like this.
  15. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I been looking at Lisa's soaps. What stands out about them? The price is definitely right.

Carbide Mike and SharptoothC like this.
  16. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

The scent is very herbal but does not hang around long. I think the clay is what sets it apart. I get tons of thick lather that handles a lot of water well. It's pretty thirsty stuff but when I get the ratio right it's up there with my best soaps. The face feel afterwards has been great, too. And for the price, I am having a hard time finding negatives. I am four shaves in with it and each has been better than the last.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RyX, Carbide Mike and GatorJoe like this.
  17. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

It's a bit pricey, but the Tabula Rasa Patchouli is very true to the smell of the cloud hanging over Boulder, CO in the late 60s and early 70s. It brings me back to my childhood.

RyX and Carbide Mike like this.
  18. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks! Soon I'll order a puck.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  19. Redrock

Le Pere Lucien makes a scent called Cedar Patchouli. I am being drawn to it.

20. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it is actually patchouli or just patchouli-like but Speick has a very good reputation.