"Beauty Bar" Shave Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by EnglishChannel, Mar 16, 2017.

1. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

It was here on The TSD forums that I first read about folks using Dove Beauty Bar soap as a lathering shave soap.

Though I have never particularly liked Dove as a shower soap, it spurred a fascination with the idea of a "do-all" bar soap.

Well, I think that I have found just that. This product works (for me) as a shampoo, bathing soap, and...
    a lathering shave soap.

Nourish SMOOTH over - Cool Moisturizing Beauty Bar
    nourish.jpg

I have used this product for over a month, because I really questioned my perception of how well it performs.

My next step is to try it as a toothpaste. I'll let you know how that goes.:D

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    brit, crackstar, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Many times I lathered Dove with a brush and got very good results. It also moisturizes well and leaves a comfortable post-shave feeling.

EnglishChannel likes this.
  3. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I've gotten good results from a couple of soaps which apparently are only made for the hospitality industry- Mineral Fusion (which I discovered during a stay at a Wingate by Wyndham) and Neutrogena French Milled Soap (apparently featured at Marriott properties). The latter is almost *too* slick and cushioning.

EnglishChannel and crackstar like this.
  4. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

By the way, isn't something which describes itself as a "bar" technically not a soap? (Something to do with the difference between a soap and a detergent.)

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I recall hearing something about that, also.

6. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

So what is the difference between a body soap and a shaving soap?

Same question for a body bar and shaving soap?

crackstar likes this.
  7. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal