Any Le Père Lucien Users?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Redrock, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Are there any Le Père Lucien soap users here? I picked-up a tub of Rose de Pushkar from a BST on another forum. I was so impressed that I have acquired a couple other scents (Oud-Santal and Traditional). This is a fantastic soap and one of the best I have ever used in scent, lather, ease of lathering, comfort, slickness, etc. While it may seem to be a little pricey, it does come in a 200g (7oz) stainless steel tin tub that is built like a Ford F150. The Oud-Santal has a scent like no other soap I have used. Saponificio Varesino is a close second for me. I also acquired a puck of Savonnerie du Bon Berger which is very nice. The LPL is a softer soap while the other two are very hard triple milled soaps. All three are French made. All thre are great for face and scuttle lathering. All work nicely with boars and badgers. These three brands have moved to the top of the list and are the only soaps in my current rotation. If you are looking for something different, I recommend these any three of these soaps.

LPL.JPG

brit, Ksblazer, crackstar and 4 others like this.
  2. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

I've never tried LPL, but it's on my list. I really want to try the Oud Santal

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

crackstar and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. Redrock

You will not be disappointed. An amazing scent.

crackstar and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Aren't the F150s made from aluminum now? :)

I had a sample of the regular scent a few years ago and it was a nice soap. When I saw the rose, I gave it some thought, but it is a little more than I want to spend these days. Enjoy.

crackstar, Bobcat and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have LPL and it's great soap, but if I'm being honest you can get a soap that's just as good for less money. YMMV.

6. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I have a container of LPL and I think it is a very nice soap.

crackstar and Redrock like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Before I joined TSD I was PIFed most of a tub of LPL Savon du Barbier. I did shave with it many times. The scent was not what I expecting. I'm not sure if it's supposed to smell like mine did. I get the idea of Savory. Not floral, or leather, or cologne. The only thing I can liken it to was Dill Pickles. Maybe it's supposed to smell like that. I added it to the Soap Pass-around. The performance was great! Guess I'm not a fan of rosemary, thyme, sage, or dill scented soaps.

8. Redrock

Yes. I have a 2015 F150 SuperCrew Cab (the full size 4-door model). It has the aluminum body. Ford claims to save 700 pounds. I am enjoying the truck.

crackstar and PanChango like this.
  9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Glad you enjoy them. I had at one time 4 different LPL soaps, but eventually weeded them out of my den. They just didn't cut it for me. But, as usual, YMMV.

10. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

You should listen to the people above me. LPL stinks! You need to send them all to me. I will dispose of them for you. ;)

I like LPL. I have only tried the traditional, and it makes a good lather.

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Santal is Sandalwood, right?

12. Redrock

Yes Sandalwood

crackstar and Paul Turner like this.
  13. Redrock

:lyrtuy5:

crackstar and markjnewcomb like this.
  14. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

I have three LPL soaps including Rose de Pushkar, Le Savon du Barbier, and Apricot and honestly have been underwhelmed by not only the performance(Post shave using LPL soaps leaves we with a very dry face) but especially the scents. The Rose and Barbier both smell to me like old lady talcum/perfums. The Apricot is OK but nothing to write home about. There are just so many other soaps that to me offer much better scents and performance for a much more reasonable price such as Soap Commander, Shannons, Sapone di Paolo, Mikes, L&L, Phoenix & Beau, and CRSW just to name a few.

15. Redrock

As the saying goes, "one man's trash is another man's treasure". We are fortunate to have a vast array of shave soaps to acquire. If you are no longer using the Apricot, I am interested in acquiring it. Thanks for your response.

crackstar and RyX like this.
  16. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I have the Rose and original. I don't use them anymore and are unfortunately just sitting. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

crackstar likes this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

A friendly reminder; Private Conversations are a great place to arrange trades. ;)

crackstar likes this.
  18. Redrock

10-4. Over and out.:o:o

19. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

Hey Redrock, honestly didn't mean for my post to come off as bashing LPL as I certainly don't think it's a trash soap and it is much better than many. I'm glad it's working out for you so well!

20. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yes it is. :)

Paul Turner likes this.