AnyBuddy else...........

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by rick, Sep 24, 2008.

1. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

ever try this??

I have a Merkur 11C

[​IMG]

that I received a few weeks back and although it shaves OK, I think there is room for improvement (re: make more aggressive)
    So, I thought that if I could increase the gap between the comb and the blade, my shaves might improve.
    Heres what I did:

added 3 strips of scotch tape to the top part of the comb

Shave was much improved so I added 3 more ........maybe went too far, but I am willing to try again just to make sure it wasnt some other part of the procedure.

Anyone else ever modify a razor? and if so.........HOW ???

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Hmmm..how about Metal Apoxy Adhesive with thin washers on the posts. Nope that would warp the blade. What would happen if you put two blades in the razor trimming off the edge on the top blade?

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Scotch tape?!! Everybody knows you're supposed to use duct tape! :happy102

Seriously, I do have one of those, but have not yet felt the desire to modify it. I would go with ghsdoitall's suggestion of trimming old blades to create a shim, this way the gap will (should) be uniform.

4. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Whoa! The ultimate man's shave. wrap a blade with a small piece of duct tape and go for it!

5. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

never shimmed a razor before and so far i havent had to.

i have had to modify blades before though.

6. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Like carpet blades, maybe??? :happy102

7. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

:happy108

hahaha. but seriously. for now, i have to modify SE blades for my auto strop razor, and also for a razor called the GIANT JUNIOR.

its all about dedication :happy088

8. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Damn straight! :cool: