How do you like your coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Oscar, Dec 31, 2010.

1. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Have company this morning, so I got to use my Chemex...Panamanian hand-ground in my vintage Zassenhaus...
    [​IMG]

Carbide Mike and gorgo2 like this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Local chain (Harris Teeter) has their own line of coffee. Don't know who makes it for them but they now carry a Toasted Almond ground. It's pretty good, ranks up there with their Southern Pecan and Kona.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

In an earlier post, I said black, but now I throw in some Stevia with it.

4. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Whole beans grinded myself. Usually medium roast and brought on strong by my Bialeti Moka pot. A little milk and sugar and off I go.

5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Before I got on the cops, I never drank coffee. As a FNG, after the Academy it was off to 3rd shift. So, out of self defense I started drinking it. Regular. So after a couple of years while working with my best friend and eventual best man, I had a coffee epiphany. One night around 0300 we stopped for coffee at the only all night diner in town. It was my turn to "buy" so I went in and placed my order. The waitress was a nice older Scottish lady. Most times I never watched as she made up the coffees, but that night I did. We both drank our coffee regular, so as I watched she put 3 tablespoons of sugar in. I tipped her and went back out to the radio car. Told my buddy what happened and he was like, "No way". So next night he went in. He came back and said, "From now on we drink our coffee light no sugar!" Been drinking it that way ever since.

6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I grind dark roast beans every morning and make my coffee with a French press. I haven't used a drip machine for years. I drink the coffee strong and black.

7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Simple man, fresh beans, Hario grinder and ceramic pour over. Black as night.

[​IMG]
    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mrchick and JohnDB like this.
  8. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

I LOVE coffee. I didn't use to drink it but my wife is a aficionado to say the least and she got me turned on to it. I don't like it real sweet though. I put maybe 2 tablespoons of sugar with a dab of cream into a cup. Just enough to add some sweetness but not enough to mask the natural bitter taste of the coffee. I'm not big on any particular brand, if it's decent I'll drink it

9. drwevil

drwevil Well-Known Member

Rocket Giotto and Mini Mazer grinder.
    I use to roast my own but now I but I buy it pre roasted.

And I started Coffeesnobs.com.au but it is now owned by Andy who is doing amazing things with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swarden43 likes this.
  10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Is there any other way? :D:happy088:

11. RetLEO-07

Yes, yes there is. Cream No Sugar. :eatdrink013:

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Ahh....yes, of course.

'Adulterated,
    ' you mean?
    :D

13. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Polluted!

14. RetLEO-07

:prrr:

15. RetLEO-07

16. brit

brit in a box

strong with a shot of irish cream once in a while.used to drink a pot a day,now drink green tea,wife loves coffee more than air.

17. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Tainted.

mrchick likes this.
  18. RetLEO-07

swarden43 likes this.
  19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

@RetLEO-07
    To borrow Henry Ford's idea on the subject, " You can have your coffee any way you want, as long as it's black." :happy097:

It's your coffee. Enjoy your way. :happy088:

RetLEO-07 and mrchick like this.
  20. RetLEO-07

:eatdrink013::)