Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Beautiful. Kinda jealous over hete

clint64, Karl G and EzraCobb like this.
  2. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Fuzzy, did u shave with those? u are a brave man if u did. haha. i have these horrible black carbon steel blades, named tiger, notoriously crappy blades. i never read the reviews and bought 100 for 6 bucks... figured what the heck. i should get one of those, i can at least use it to gut a fish or maybe do widdling ...

clint64 and Karl G like this.
  3. EzraCobb

thx fuzzy! btw i am Jamie, i joined your SE forum, i gotta start posting there more. i also commented on your recent shave videos, i like your style. haha. also a man that likes the veg and good ol williams is ok in my book. that floating head was hard to find , took me a few months and i am sure i paid too much, but i had to win that beauty

clint64 and Karl G like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Those are not for shaving. Lol they work good with the blades after they come out of the razor. Still plenty sharp to cut a cigar.

Glad you persisted. Hope it did not break the bank.

Things are pretty quiet at TOST but a Ton of SE info.

The videos are fun to make. I did one today with a plastic shavette. I went to fast building lather and had to relather the Williams an extra time. But it's funny that even though the williams gets thin it is still very slick.

clint64, EzraCobb and Karl G like this.
  5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tues 18th April
    Farewell Shave with the Brass General, kindly loaned to me by a Friend. All is not lost, I have one on the way !
    Had to try it with a Cream, and found it worked well. Be careful if using a cream, you may be tempted to overshave, as the lather from creams can be quite slick.

IMG_1251.jpg

6. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Tue. 4/18/17

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

7. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

IMG_0061.JPG

April 18 SOTD:

Omega Boar Brush
    MWF
    Schick Type G
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Captain's Choice Bay Rum AS

8. Robyflexx

Very :signs021: Jim!

clint64, Billyfergie, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, buddy! Have a great day!

clint64, Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold Water.jpg
    SOTD April 18, 2017

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick L1 injector
    Brush: Jayaruh boar
    Lather: Fine Lavender
    WTG, touch-up

Schick L1 this morning. Smooth and efficient. It's a mild razor, much like the J1 from yesterday. I love the silver razor head and the long black handle. It's sleek and retro-looking as well as being effective and nice to use. Good shave in the end.

Have a great day!

SOTD 4-18-17.JPG

Hodge, jimjo1031, Norcalnewb and 9 others like this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Great looking shave!!

clint64, EzraCobb, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  12. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Did you use the 74 blade in it? I have some but I get such tremendous shaves with a twin blade in my floating head that I haven't tried them in it yet. :)

13. Robyflexx

Great photo Perry! :happy088:

14. EzraCobb

yes, i have a nice pile of injector 74 blades, one 11 blade dispenser, three 7 blade dispensers, and one 5 blade dispenser so i used what was packaged with the razor. i know they did another floating head with twin blades, so are there any differences? so i could use twin blades on the one I have? i figure i got at least 15 more shaves before i change the blade!!! i would love a blue handle twin blade, but these are super hard to find.

clint64, Robyflexx and Karl G like this.
  15. EzraCobb

i used the personna floating head injector again tonight with the tungsten steel 74 on its second shave. remarkably smooth 3 pass shave with zero irritation. i do not get as close a shave as i do with the type E, G, or injectomatic...but this shave is a fast and loose carefree shave... now when this blade gets changed i will use a twin blade next... but since its a 74....its gonna be a while for a change!
    [​IMG]

16. EzraCobb

I watched it, that lord plastic shavette looks like it has a learning curve, but u did it with no blood! hey the williams lather mighy disappear but the slickness is still there, i agree the williams needs a slow lather build with a dry brush and than the water dips,....

17. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I have both a blue and black floating head and I don't think they are any different. I have twins in both. In fact, I got a NOS black one in a package identical to yours and paid about the same price. :happy088:

My blue one is actually an Israeli version which appears to have been a license deal with Eddison. Identical in every way that I can tell accept the color and brand name. :)

clint64, Robyflexx and Billyfergie like this.
  18. EzraCobb

awesome! appreciate the info my friend.. i have piled up lots of twin blades. i have used it in my type O knock off and my type L. i find more agressive depending on the angle, i still need to master them, do u do anything different for a twin blade?

19. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Nothing different - just load and enjoy. It transforms the shave just like it does other razors. I suspect you'll find it to be a closer and smoother shave. YMMV, of course. :happy088:

clint64, Robyflexx and Billyfergie like this.
  20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

The N3 is great, try it with a Twin Blade then it really performs.

clint64, Robyflexx and Karl G like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.