Schick Injector Info Needed Please

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by poppi, Oct 1, 2008.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Hello Everybody,

Hopefully all you Schick guru's will check in and be able to provide me with some info.

I picked up 5 different Schick injector razors at a flea market the other day at a really really fabulous price. They have cleaned up extremely well and look great. Well actually they look almost new. But I really don't know much about the injector models and would like a little input please.

I checked on a couple of sites and it appears that I have a model E3 with a crinkly finish, model G8, a type I1, a model M1 adjustable and one with handle that looks like a tennis racket.

Not counting the adjustable, do all the Schicks use the same head geometry and shave the same or are some more aggressive than others?? Injector blades are not easy to find in my area so any recommendations in that area??
    Inquiring minds want to know.

TIA and enjoy your shave

2. Hi there,

First, let me say you have a nice selection to choose from, and some will shave differently than others. These thoughts are based on personal experience, plus what I've read in the past.

The E and G types are known to be on the aggressive side which doesn't mean that many members don't like em. They work great on some faces, but be aware of that characteristic. Different head than later models.

The I1 is a short handled version of most other models that came after it......same basic newer head, in other words. That, and the 'Grip' type you have should shave about the same, except the balance will be different. I used that tennis handled one, and it had one of the better feeling handles of all the injectors I tried. Good shaver too.

The adjustable you have works just like a DE would, and I'd start that on #3. The razor will shave as mild or aggressive as you like, and the handle's a good one. That would be the one I'd start with among the group you have.

There's a bunch of places for blades.......best thing would be to do a search and see what everyone's suggested. Yeah, they're different from each other...........hehe.

Good luck in your journey down that particular rabbit hole,
    Martin

Oh......I should tell you that the shave can be excellent with one of those things, but it's gonna take a few weeks to figure things out. One thing you'll find weird is having to bear down a bit, since there's no real weight to most injectors.

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Oh, Knowledgable Ones, :1respect we humbly await your wise answers.

edit; Wow, that was quick! :eek:

4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Excellent, thanks for the quick response and information. Now to venture into uncharted shaving territory. Well, as soon I get some blades

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

.........and you can check HERE.

6. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reference, lots of good info there.

7. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I may be wrong but the E3 type with the crinkly finish may be uncommon. I have one and haven't seen another. Give it a go! My Canadian type E is one of my favorites. I haven't been able to get a decent shave from my type L, but as always YMMV.