Movies!!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by bearbeard, Mar 21, 2007.

1. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

Just saw that the new Pirates of the Carribean movie comes out the end of MAY .......I can't wait, the trailer looks awesome!!!! Pirate battles ship to ship, loads of pirates ARRRRR!!!!

Movies I have seen recently that I have really enjoyed are

(Mama Bear will appreciate these)

Wild Hawgs........loved it. Was not as funny as I was hoping for, but it was very enjoyable and entertaining, and funny enough to make it worthwhile.
    Martin Lawrence cracks me up. His facial expressions really made the movie.

Ghost Rider........Having heard some bad things I went in to the theater with some sceptisicm. however I really enjoyed this one as well. Loved that ride he had!!!!!! I thought they spent a bit too much time developing the Ghost rider character and his background, which was good, but I wanted to get to the Meat and Potatoes (Ghost Rider kicking some tail) a lot sooner. Still Nicolas Cage did a fabulous job and after the move was over I could not picture a better person to play that role. Was a very enjoyable 2hrs.

300.......This movie was Incredible!!!! with a capital I. I absolutely Loved it. I was a bit bothered by the twisting of actual history in the movie as the story itself is so incredible and stands alone. However when this movie ended I was wishing that it had not just ended. I am definately going to see this one again. They even have it playing on the IMAX here.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Speeking of Frank Miller's 300, when dose Sin City 2 come out?

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Haven't seen a good movie in a while.............:(

Whats out right now that's a must see?

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Save your money and get Blockbuster.
    For 20 bucks a month I get unlimited rentals.

It cost 20 bucks to take my wife to see 1 movie at a theater.

5. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

I agree with you on your assessments of these two, though I really, really enjoyed 300....

+1

and that is without factoring in time, gas, food/drink, and anything else you might want.

I am a netflix guy "3 at a time"... I took the 3 option because I could only really watch a few things a week anyway. (well, all this was before I moved abroad). I just cannot forgive blockbuster for years of -ahem- screwing people like me. Plus, I find netflix has a wider selection of what I am looking for, and I am all over the map on stuff I want to see. Plus, they were first, and are driving the market, I think. Blockbuster is playing catch up, and though their brick and mortar presence is impressive and helpful in certain circumstances, I just can't help smiling when I see them looking over their shoulders. Smug !@#$% that they were.

6. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I'm on the Blockbuster movie pass since they started that plan. I get 3 out and get well over my money worth in rentals. Netflix is cheaper, but I like being able to drop by the store and grab whatever I'm in the mood for. Plus I live and work within 5 min of the place so I can always get there early on Tues and get the new releases for the week if I want.

I tend to really enjoy the indy films more than the big budget Hollywood stuff. Too many of the new movies these days are mindless and prefer something that has an interesting story and leaves it to the viewer to actually do some thinking.

Saw Black Snake Moan last week and loved it. Don't get to get out to the theater much these days with a 7 month old baby around :(

7. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

I do the movie pass as well. But until I get one of those wide screen tv's and a surround sound system, there are just some movies that I have to see in the theater. 300 is a perfect example.

8. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

My wife and I had to go by ourselves with small kids. We would take turns watching the kids while the other went to the movie. I used to have a difficult time going to the movie by myself.....now I really enjoy it.

9. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I've gone to movies by myself numerous times, I actually enjoy it.

My wife on the other hand, won't do anything when she's alone. Movies, restaurants, etc... forget it.

10. Spirit_of_76

Spirit_of_76 Yardley Ninja

After Wild Strawberries all other films lost their significance.
    Still, anything with Emmanuelle Beart in it remains a guilty pleasure:ashamed001
    Regards,
    Alex

11. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

may I take my hat off to you gentlemen. I have nothing but respect and admiration for people with children, yet I cannot believe that people wold take their small children to see a movie. First, it is frightening to the kids, second, everyone around a crying baby is disturbed.... That is why I love a message board like this. The common denominator is so high. Thanks again!:D

12. vittocia

vittocia Active Member

tomb stone great movie

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Watched The French Connection II. Hotel scene, Doyle takes the blade out of what looks to be a black handle three piece. Since he's in Marseille, it could well be a French Tech of the era.

Then he gets turned into a junkie.