How do you like your coffee?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Oscar, Dec 31, 2010.

1. GrantA

GrantA Active Member

Always straight up for me, no additives
    Typically Eight o'Clock Colombian but we have a local roaster I get a bag (or cup) from on occasion. Kinda pricey for everyday use

2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I've had coffee just about every way, short of cat poop. It was required (lol) in my previous profession.
    I always took mine black with an ice cube, or a splash from a water fountain. I've used mugs, cups, tumblers, paper, plastic, foam. I preferred no lid (i called the others, sippy cups) (i was grown past that).
    I finished an offensive driving obstical drill, with one hand on the wheel of a crown vic, the other holding (without spilling) a coffee mug full of hot black coffee. And smoking a cigarette(I've since quit smoking). I've had it hot enough to burn the hair off your tongue, and cold for hours. Actually I 'd rather it was cold than burnt, I've prolly had several gallons of burnt. My favorite time was about 5;30 am after midnight shift.
    I can remember going to a convenience store coming to work and getting a pack(not box) of Winston lights, a cup of Joe, and an Alka Selser. (That was lunch for c shift, and all I could afford).
    My all-time favorite is just after dawn, while duck hunting. It always seemed fitting to shoot at fair game (1/2 hr before dawn) then when things settled down., a hot cup with a splash of cinnamon schnapps in it. That warned you up nicely.
    I had a cup after one of my surguries, they were rushing me out of a day surgery hospital, i implored my dad to get me a cup. Which i promptly threw up on a rude nurse. But i washed it back down with more coffee.
    Narrowed down i mostly like coffee.
    Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    RetLEO-07 and GrantA like this.
  3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

You sir are my hero!

4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I'm disappointed about the cat poop (yeah I've done it).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk