Enders Speed Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jayaruh, Jan 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I'm in please. @jmudrick PIFed me an Enders.

Thanks Mike.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Impact93

Impact93 New Member

Are there any of the Enders blades left? I just picked one up and I can't seem to make the Schick injector blades fit (janky or not)

If these blades are still available I'd really like to try some or buy some.

Thanks

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  3. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Thank you @jmudrick Jeff this razor rocks.

I was very pleased with my first go with this wonderful razor. Jeff kindly supplied some blades with the razor. I decided to hone up a blade on my Warner Jones setup. I created a nice little secondary bevel.

The shave was on par with my E2 for aggressiveness. But it is also a very smooth shave. This razor after one shave has found a permanent home in my den.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jmudrick likes this.
  4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Marvelous.

I also think the design is quite attractive. I'll eventually want to land the blue and red versions the later Speed Shaver came in.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

twhite likes this.
  5. Moepels

Moepels New Member

Hi,

Any news on the stainless steel ones? I am based in South Africa and of course there are NO blades available for this razor here. Bought a mint one on eBay which was advertised with blades, and it arrived with 3 brand new Rexall DE blades!!

I would really like to give it a go! I have plenty injector blades but not even one enders to try and modify this.

Any help would be appreciated.

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I haven't heard from Mike since July 13. He seemed well then, but then on the 15th, I got this email message from his phone.

To everyone who knows Michael. He was rushed to hospital for complications due to cerebral infection and is in ICU in a Locked in syndrome. He is unconscious and infection is not responding to treatment. Please join our family in prayer. It is a type of coma associated with the infection and it will not let him out of this infections grasp. I will keep everyone updated on any improvements. Sincerely Kimberly, and Michael's family.
    I have not heard from him since, and I don't have any contact information other than his phone that he never picks up and his email that he is not answering.

7. Moepels

Moepels New Member

This is really sad news and thanks for sharing. He will be in my prayers. I will have to get some of these blades on eBay, although shipping to South Africa is always charged at ridiculous rates!

Jayaruh likes this.
  8. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I'm truly sorry to hear this. Prayers from Louisiana for sure.

Blades are secondary, Mike's health is primary.

twhite likes this.
  9. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

Well @jmudrick, I found a purdy one.
    3511DD41-4003-4D48-A6CB-FFC74A0C4B65.jpeg 49117854-0B62-430E-AB06-29801F61629E.jpeg 111D13B7-478B-4EBD-8B33-4A969552604D.jpeg

Now I need to figure out the blade situation. It needs a good cleaning, but it should be great!

PLANofMAN, Missing Lynx, brit and 3 others like this.
  10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Get ye to the Proline B-20 with an Enders shim and you are set.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Missing Lynx and Rev579 like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    You dug up an old thread, but that is ok. Congratulations. I have been on the hunt for a green one for a long time. I finally got mine, but it is a darker green than yours. Great shavers.
    Check out this discussion across the street: http://theoriginalsafety2.com/thread/3482/newly-acquired-enders-shaver-advice

Green_enders07.JPG

brit and Rev579 like this.
  12. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

I passed on a couple of colors because I really liked the green.
    I stepped outside of my comfort zone...
    0D635B93-668B-47DC-97C0-1A109F20E14F.jpeg

13. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

They can be had so cheaply, no need to discriminate on the basis of color :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Good job. Nice lot.

brit likes this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I finally made the video on backing up a Proline blade with an Enders blade. Enjoy.

brit, Missing Lynx and jmudrick like this.
  16. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Do you still have any enders blades i need some i just won a speed razor today...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

Anyone heard from @Carbide Mike? He was working on a ceramic blade.

18. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    As of a month ago his "nurse" texted me that he was still alive when I checked in on him. I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't know of anyone who recieved anything from him. He was/is a bit of an odd duck. Had a lot of interesting ideas, but I never saw any of them pan out.

brit, Jayaruh and RyX like this.
  19. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Crikey :(

20. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Where can I get a mint Enders Razor? And what blade options are there?

Last edited: May 1, 2021