Product R.I.P. thread

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Darkbulb, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I use one after every shave, and if that hadn't broke while traveling, I would have kept using it. It felt very weird to use a full bar when I shaved last night.

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Fragrance-wise, my Santos de Cartier is no more. I finished it a week ago.

Douglas Carey and Jorvaljr like this.
  3. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

I finished a tub of The Vulfix Sandalwood last week. Was a good cream for the price but I won't buy it again.

Douglas Carey, crackstar and Jorvaljr like this.
  4. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

Finished up a tub of Figaro Monsieur soap along with a bottle of Pinaud Clubman. I do have a back-up bottle of Clubman. Would buy the Figaro again. Perhaps after I use up some more soaps I've had a while.
    0324RIP.JPG

MR41, crackstar, Paul Turner and 4 others like this.
  5. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I finished up a bottle Clubman Pinaud yesterday. The new one starts today.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Today would have been a dark day if I didn't have a backup. Love my Seeeney Todd
    [​IMG]

7. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

A tin of Jabonman Oriental something that I can't recall the name of right now. Finishing off 3 or 4 soaps this month.

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Finished off a tub of Proraso today. This is one of the smaller tubs, approximately 2.6 ounces. I got at least 30 shaves out of it. Finishing off a tub is quite satisfying!

IMG_1520.JPG

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

gonna be quite a while before I get to the end of my 66. But congrats

10. crackstar

I forgot to mention that a week ago I finished a Glacial Obsidian bowl. The next one to go will be a Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo - it's getting closer and closer to the end.

Primotenore, Douglas Carey and PLAla like this.
  11. crackstar

I saw something just now - a Glacial Lemon Chill bowl which by the looks of things has just enough soap in it for one more shave. After that, it's finito. Thank goodness I have a brand-new back-up!

Primotenore, PLAla and Douglas Carey like this.
  12. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

Finished off a travel sixed tub of Proraso Green just like Perry's pic above. It's been my travel soap for a few years. Took it with me to Scotland a few weeks ago and it still had 10 or so shaves left in it so I killed it off. Just about used up my bottle of Proraso green splash too.

PLAla, Primotenore and Douglas Carey like this.
  13. crackstar

I see there's enough in a Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo bowl for just a few more shaves. After that it's going into the trash can. Thank goodness for two brand-new unstarted ones. Also my Electric Sheep sample won't last too much longer - it's understandable because it's just a sample!

PLAla, Primotenore and Douglas Carey like this.
  14. crackstar

Before I forget I emptied out a bottle of Thayer's witch hazel after my shower this afternoon. There was just a little left so I splashed the last of it on my face.

15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

30 off of a 2.6???? As I flash back to my "record" with the 2.0 Clubman soap, I'm now embarrassed.

crackstar and PLAla like this.
  16. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Proraso White-I really wanted to like it, but the scent was kinda funky.

crackstar likes this.
  17. crackstar

That's exactly what my wife says about the scent but I actually enjoy it!

MR41 likes this.
  18. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I don't know exactly how to describe it, but the front of the scent, so to speak is ok,but the finishing note is just weird.

crackstar likes this.
  19. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

That's okay, my wife has said that the soaps all smell like old people, except for the Wilkinson Sword. That's Palmolive stick, Arko, Williams Mug, and Italian Barber Bug Spray. (Rosa de something or other)

PLAla likes this.
  20. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I enjoyed each and every use. Got another in the wings waiting to go.

IMG_2190.JPG