Don't look. Not for the weak or faint of Heart. Blackland Sabre...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!!! This is ONE BAD ASS looking razor...... They just started production and according to reports, will be ready in 2 weeks time. The Sabre from Blackland. I know, it's just a blade holder but Good Lord it looks Beautiful!!!

IMG_0703.JPG IMG_0706.JPG IMG_0705.JPG IMG_0707.JPG IMG_0704.JPG

battle.munky, BamaT, ninjack and 7 others like this.
  2. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

looks cool, now if we can only convince Joe from RR to make one considering his prices are so affordable. Wont hold my breath on that one because the men dislikes the Gem blades... Blackland I hear will be around $180 while the Rocnel is $210.... The only way I would pay that much for a razor if its 316L SS CNC and adjustable.

Jorvaljr, LOOT and Str8on2 like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Mmmm... I dunno. Maybe a tad too industrial looking for me.

4. Str8on2

You have a point. But there is one. But not at $180 -$210. More like $299.99 - $399.99. Barbaros&Rocnel Adjustable. All CNC, 316/316L made. And not just 316 stainless, Inconel. Military grade.....

5. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Actually no, there is one that's made in US and if you jump on the preorder line which is still open will cost like $213, 316L SS machined and adjustable. http://www.razoremporium.com/rex-supply-co/ Thing is I might get that one later on and the only reason why I haven't is because I'm part of the Model T KS and I opted to pass on the standard version and go with the all SS version. Now no one knows if the SS version will come to fruition, waiting to see if all will be good with the zinc/SS/brass version.... If the Model T SS flops then I can see myself getting the Rex

PLANofMAN and Str8on2 like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I don't know ... I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself with that. I'm sure someone here would take it off your hands to keep that from happening. :rofl:

Seriously, ... great looking razor. :happy096:

BamaT and Str8on2 like this.
  8. Str8on2

Forgot that one. Stand corrected....:cool:

9. Str8on2

Wish I could. But it is not ready yet for the masses....

Enrico likes this.
  10. Str8on2

Well, that all S/S version from RockWell is not sounding good as of late. To be honest, I don't think that is going to happen. At least anytime soon sadly......

11. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

nope it doesn't I have to admit, also considering they had little problem with one of the zinc head part so they will have to machine that part before the plating for proper fitment.... It would be unfair to back out from the KS considering we waited for so long, also Gareth is cool guy he openly said whoever wants to back off and get refunded is more than welcomed... That is something you never see on KS projects, many KS projects flop and backers only get I'm sorry in return. So why not give the man a chance to work on it a little while. I'm looking at it as the standard version to be the steady ground for the SS Model. If he cant find any manufacturer to take on the task he will tell the truth and most likely ask the backers that switched to the SS model if they want the standard version or they want refund, he is an honest dude.

So yes, as of now things look very much neutral for the SS version and to be honest this is my first KS and probably the last one LOL

12. Str8on2

That's a shame.... But, I can't wait for this release from Blackland. Looking forward to purchasing and testing this one out...

13. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I think that the threading is interesting. I'd probably be happier if there was a little more to it, but it's probably enough for the force of most folks willing to drop the dosh.

Str8on2 likes this.
  14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

That is very masculine-looking razor! Definitely an 'modern industrial vibe' to it. :happy088:

After seeing Dylan Farnham custom razors ($15k), my heart can stand pretty much anything else shaving-related...:D:D
    A93A3844.jpg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Terry, BigMark83, twhite and 3 others like this.
  15. Bookworm

What sort of titanium/platinum alloy is it made from?

16. Str8on2

THAT IS GORGEOUS!!! What a wedge!

17. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

Nice to see Gem SE blades getting attention opposed to another artist club razor. I'm sure it's probably out of my price range like most the machined modern razors.

Str8on2 likes this.
  18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Agreed.
    Initially, I typed the incorrect price as $2.5k. This has been fixed. :D

19. Bookworm

Okay - what kind of Uranium/titanium/osmium alloy is that razor made from :p

Bama Samurai likes this.
  20. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Pretty cool looking razor. There was a time when I would have jumped on it. Would love to try it out though!