Rockwell Owners Adjustable Razors Club (ROARC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by tuxxdk, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sky pilot 83

sky pilot 83 Active Member

Probably because "the item isn't available with a buy now or add to cart option"... I looked it up and it is, just not on the rockwell site. Which admittedly is strange but there's no law that says a company has to sell all their stock on their own website. I think i know what forum you're talking about. The favoritism and censorship drives me bonkers. They removed a thread on the 6c because it's for sale in 2 of the 3 colors but someone dared to bring up that third color so the thread was deleted within 10 minutes of it being started.

I'm also on a group on fbook that's the same way, run by a Canadian. I brought up as a son if the south and lover of history i wanted a shavette with a confederate naval jack since he got one with a canadian flag on the scales. All of a sudden I'm a racist bigot (funny considering i dated a black woman and puerto riccan and have a cousin with 2 black kids I'm crazy about) and support slavery (also interesting because I've had white ancestors which were slaves in ireland) so I'm not aloud to talk about it as it's supposedly prohibited by the rules of the group which prohibits attacking a person's nationality, religion, race, creed etc. So apparently rules are meant to apply equally to all but more equally to some.

I've seen repeatedly where someone talks about some products that will be released on a certain day for general sale and it's ok, but other products aren't. The hypocrisy is staggering.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

2. shavin' scott

shavin' scott New Member

My 6C arrived yesterday:bounce015:

3. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

congrats. I have been enjoying mine. Which color did you get? I grabbed the gunmetal and have been very happy with it.

4. shavin' scott

shavin' scott New Member

I went with the glitz which is unlike me. Very surprised at the heft. Using a Rockwell Blade, than a Ninja Black-my usual favorite, and an Astra

Tdmsu likes this.
  5. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

Not to get into it but Rockwell is not a paid advertiser and they go out of their way to kill any positive vibe. I just got banned for questioning them on it.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    PickledNorthern likes this.
  6. sky pilot 83

So if rockwell paid it'd be different?

7. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Paid advertisers are the reason that place exists. Users are just necessary to get paid advertisers.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  8. MaineYooper

MaineYooper Well-Known Member

I have had my 6C for about a month, and it has been used mostly with the R4 plate. For gents with more experience with the 6S, do you find certain blades work better with certain plates? Or do you use the same plate for all your blades? I am stilling learning to use the 6C with my blades and honing my technique, as it seems to require just a bit of a different approach than my Slim, Super-Speed, or Tech. My initial impression with a Silver Blue blade was that I had to back down a plate compared to an Israeli Red blade. But being so new to this razor, maybe is was my technique! But I am curious as to what others have found with the 6S. I should probably commit to a 30 day trial, but I enjoy switching razors too much!

Tdmsu likes this.
  9. sky pilot 83

For me a derby extra blade on plate 4 offers a perfect shave most of the time. However if i want to use an Astra SP or Gillette Silver Blue plate number 3 is close to the same performance, but plate 4 or higher is weeper city.

MaineYooper likes this.
  10. MaineYooper

I am sorry to hear about the ban. I started a 6C thread and it got moved and I was warned. Upsetting to me, as when I was brand new to traditional shaving, I learned a lot there. On other forums, I read of others who were banned for questioning, so I didn't question the move. Re-discovering this forum has helped give me more options if I should be ushered out.

Tdmsu likes this.
  11. MaineYooper

Thanks! that is good to know! When compared to my Slim, I can use all the blades on the same setting, so that is why I wondered if it was poor technique for me with the Rockwell, or if a different blade did may a difference at the same setting.

12. sky pilot 83

The thing I'd say about this hobby is that there are so many subjective products from soaps, to blades, to razors, to after shaves that censorship of any kind when it comes to shaving products is only hurting the community. I understand there were crowd funded products that never launched or shipped to customers and that cost some people some money.
    I get the rule was created to protect people from that, but when a company is delivering, or it is an established company such as Rockwell has been in both cases, the rule needs revised or amended to make allowances for those who are honest.

If that's what the rest of the world is like then I'm proud to be an American where at least i know I'm free, and i won't forget the men who died to give that right to me.

Tdmsu likes this.
  13. sky pilot 83

Gillettes had a way of taming down the aggression of blades without effecting their efficiency. Idk why, but that's my experience. I got 2 slims and rarely use them because of the Rockwell 6S. However if i didn't have a Rockwell the slim would be my daily driver, probably.

MaineYooper likes this.
  14. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

I haven't been able to put my 6c down since it arrived about a month ago. Started on the R3 plate and absolutely love it.

I did acquire a Oneblade through a very generous soul on another forum so I will have to see if it can unseat the 6c

Tdmsu and MaineYooper like this.
  15. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I've had my 6s for about a month also. I've used the R6 plate only so far with excellent results from any blade I've tried, except the Rockwell blades, which I will revisit.

I prefer aggressive shaves, as I've been using my Futur on six for a year or so.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

16. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

I'm not sorry about the ban. The mods are toxic. They refuse to allow any positive Rockwell threads in the DE sub simply because they are a current vendor and they aren't a paid advertiser. I don't want anything to do with a forum run with that kind of attitude. I also learned a lot there and I'll miss the users and the wealth of information but not enough to deal with the mods. But enough about that place.

I have not been disappointed here at TSD and have been quite impressed with the different culture here. It's hard to explain but TSD feels like a bunch of dudes hanging out talking wet shaving. No need to move threads, warn users, treat companies like garbage. We're all adults here and so far, I have never seen anybody be anything but friendly and helpful. Moderators?! We don't need no stinkin' moderators!

17. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

Same here. When I let a buddy borrow my 6s and he kept it longer than I expected, it felt like I was slumming it by using my slims. I couldn't wait to get my 6s back.

Tdmsu and sky pilot 83 like this.
  18. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

No doubt the 6S is my favorite bar none SE razor and so far I used it on 6 with either a feather or polsilver ir.
    Today I tried the personna lab blue against the plosilver which so far was the smoother and I found that the personna is as sharp as the feather but smoother than the polsilver which was the blade's strong point so far.
    I made the first pass with the personna on 6 and then for second pass and corrections I used plate 5. It proved to be impossible to cut myself even as I have tried and from now on the personna is going to be my fave.
    I don't know how many of us have tried it, but if you haven't, try it. You will be doing your face a favor.

tuxxdk and Tdmsu like this.
  19. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I've liked the Feather better than the Personna so far, but I need to revisit the Personna again soon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

20. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Yes the feather was also my choice, but not as smooth as the personna, equally sharp though.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Tdmsu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.