Updated Oneblade Core

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ninjack, Jun 30, 2017.

1. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

I just read a post by CYBERDOG over at B&B forum that Oneblade has updated the Core razor on the new batch to make it more aggressive (they've tweaked the blade exposure and angle which will keep the blade toward the front and increase the gap a little) and some other tweaks. They are supposedly sending out emails to the original buyers offering to exchange their current model for the updated version. You will need to return your existing razor to take advantage of the exchange program. The poster said emails will go out today or tomorrow. Sounds like great news!
    Anyone receive an email from Oneblade about this yet. I know a lot of people weren't happy with the mildness of the razor so hopefully this will make the Core shave closer to the Genesis stainless model people love.

Douglas Carey and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Interesting... I kind of wonder what they plan to do with the used original Cores that are returned... :)

3. ninjack

That's a good question. I wonder if they can just change the heads and sell them as refurbished or something. Maybe they will just scrap them.

4. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Member

I had some issues with mine so I called and they did offer an exchange. I didn't get an email though but then again maybe because I called before it was scheduled to go out they took me out of the email notification.

Douglas Carey and ninjack like this.
  5. ninjack

Cool, that's good to know. I have been happy with mine, but would rather have an updated version. With my current Core razor I have to do quite a bit of buffing on the trouble areas of my neck, but the good thing is I can do it and not have irritation from it. If I do the same with most of my de razors I will get some irritation or weepers if not careful. I hope the new Core is more efficient while still being mild enough not to cause irritation.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  6. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Member

I agree I got some DFS out of mine using a short stroke technique with no irritation and I also would mix my soap a little bit thinner than the normal yogurt thick consistency I'd mix for a more aggressive razor because I found that the first pass was kind of a waste since it was just pushing lather and it wasn't taking off enough hair and also had to rinse like every 2 seconds. With that said I have seriously been thinking of pulling the trigger on a Genesis SS and after talking with them I decided now was the time. So what they did for me was deduct the $50.00 I paid for the Core from the Genesis price and told me to just keep the Core.

7. ninjack

That's awesome! Hope you love your Genesis. I would love to get one in the future, but will have to be happy with the Core for now. Let us know how you like the Genesis after you try it.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  8. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Member

Thank you and I was thinking I'll do a post on the Genesis and how it shaves for me after I've taken it for a few spins around the block.