Use vintage Avon aftershave and cologne? Me? (Yes, you!)

Discussion in 'Articles' started by gorgo2, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

aah 1981.....it was a very good year. The year I tossed my cap into the air upon getting my BA degree.

gorgo2 likes this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Beautiful collection. Welcome back. Post more. :)

gorgo2 likes this.
  3. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Was it weed scent and patchouli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gorgo2 likes this.
  4. Primotenore

Article Team
    :signs002:

gorgo2 likes this.
  5. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

I decided to pour out the contents and there was nearly 400 ml of whiskey in there! 40 year old whiskey. I haven't tried it yet, I'm saving it for a special occasion.

gorgo2 likes this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Take a tip from Chief Engineer Scott. Save it in case your home is ever invaded by Andromeda aliens.

RyX likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Excellent aricle @gorgo2 . As you may have seen in a previous post I wrote, if it ain't Shulton, it's NEW SPICE. But as for Avon aftershaves, I have one from a TSD raffle, and would be happy with another one in the future.

gorgo2 likes this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

New Spice, yep. Good one!

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I know this is an old thread to resurrect, but when I picked up my collection of AVON stuff, they had a Volkswagon Rabbit bottle I believe with Wild Country in it, I didn't pick it up though.

gorgo2 and Primotenore like this.
  10. Primotenore

Article Team
    Mine was a Beetle.

gorgo2 likes this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I went to a Good Will store (thrift store) and found an empty black VW Beetle. It use to have Wild Country, a scent which I use but isn't a favorite; so I cleaned it up and refilled it with Avon Leather. The VW reminds me of a friend of mine that as teens use to collect and work on VW Bugs.

I still seek out Avon in yard sales, thrift stores and Craig's list. AS or cologne is on of my joys that don't break the bank. The last one I was really happy to find was a full Coleman lantern of Wild Country ... I wish it was Deep Woods, Spicey, or Leather, but I like the shape of the decanter.