Florida Water Inquiry

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Zykris, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I've been curious on Florida Water. I was mainly wanting to know the scent strength and longevity on a rated scale. Colognes have always been a touch and go for me but it's been used as an after shave and I was leaning to that route as long as it wasn't over powering. Thanks in advance!

Masonjarjar, jimjo1031 and Keithmax like this.
  2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Its scent is mild but it lasts a couple of hours on me. My wife hates it but I love it!

jimjo1031 and Zykris like this.
  3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yes, as Jeff says, a mild scent, goes away after a while. I put a handful in my hair; the scent lingers longer. FW is sort of citrus-ish bay rum, with a hint of Ozium brand air sanitizer.

jimjo1031, Yehuda D and Zykris like this.
  4. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Florida Water! If I had to choose only one AS for the rest of my life, this would be it! I find it to have a nice citrus/floral/spice/musk scent on application, that isn't overpowering. The initial scent lasts on me for a few hours, but I can still smell the musk/spice part the next morning...

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Not a fan of it, myself. As others have said, mild, doesn't last long.
    I'm not crazy about citrusy scents, but that's me.

Yehuda D, jimjo1031 and Zykris like this.
  6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Nice citrus and floral scent that is light and doesn't last long. I just use it as an AS on my face.

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I like it. Goes on smooth nice burst of citrus. It dries down nice. It wears down pretty fast. I use it a lot before nap time too. A sleep scent I call it. It is cheap as dirt and very easy to pick up around here. It gets a thumbs up from me.

8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

It is highly scented of orange blossom and clove, dries down nicely with good staying power although subtle. Very cooling and refreshing, and good skin feel. It's a staple I've used this month.

9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Really nice and cheap for hair and scalp tonic too.

10. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Makes me think I should get a bottle to try. Good thing Amazon has it decently cheap.

jimjo1031, RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  11. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

It's a cheap but high quality aftershave. It lasts a couple of hours. The scent has heavy clover as several have mentioned. It reminds me of a spice market.
    I would recommend it.

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

All the local drug stores have it here. Veddy cheap.

jimjo1031, Bama Samurai and Zykris like this.
  13. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I like the scent, ease of finding it locally and the cost(at least where I live) VERY much. I do wish it lasted longer on me. You might want to check locally before you order it off Amazon. Many drug stores carry it. :)
    Now that you've got me thinking about it, I think I'll use some this morning :happy088:

jimjo1031 and Zykris like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm not a fan of Bay Rum for what I think of as a cloves scent. I do enjoy FW! High alcohol content gives it a nice burn when applied. The best scent description that describes my experience from basenotes.net;

The opening is fresh lemon, bergamot and tangerine which turns fizzy then an orangeade and Coca-Cola vibe emerges.

15. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

love me some Florida Water.

Mixes nicely with many soaps. Lasts ok, but not so strong that one couldn't wear a cologne over it.
    I add menthol crystals for some coolness, i also keep mine in a spray bottle.
    It's nice to get a re-spritz to cool off in the afternoon.

Zykris, jimjo1031, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  16. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I get cinnamon as the strongest scent but it is a wonderful cologne to me. Love it! Used it today and always have some around. Like Dave, I keep it in a spray bottle and add menthol. Great stuff

17. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

Another option is Chinese Florida Water. It normally slanted more towards the floral side than Citrus. It usually costs a few bucks and if you hate it, you have a great bottle to re-use with something else.

1469609889434022994.jpg

18. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I had no idea these existed

Masonjarjar, Zykris and jimjo1031 like this.
  19. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

Luckily in Cleveland we have a large Chinatown area with several markets that all carry one type or another. The Butterfly brand is very powdery, almost too feminine to my taste. The Luishen brand (pictured above) has more of a incense/citrus vibe. It has many suggested uses, including mosquito repellent!

Keithmax, Zykris, RyX and 3 others like this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

They stopped selling it locally, so I ordered it from Ebay in bulk. I got six bottles; two if which I'm giving to my boys and two I make into Blue steel ... 1:1 AV and FW. Great stuff!

Keithmax, Zykris and jimjo1031 like this.