Wild finds.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by DDuckyMark, Jul 10, 2017.

1. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I have been clearing out a house for a guy I know. His parents died so after he got what was important to him he gave me the keys and said keep or throw out whatever as long as it's empty when you get done. In the bathroom I found a L1 Gillette travel tech in the plastic sleeve case thingy and a Gem micromatic clog proof. I'm excited since this is my first non eBay items. I haven't cleaned any of it yet. IMG_20170710_125001370.jpg IMG_20170710_125059314.jpg IMG_20170710_125120209.jpg

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Good of you to help your buddy out.
    Great that you scored usable salvage!

3. DDuckyMark

Where I live finding things is impossible. It gets held on to and used until it looks ratty then thrown out. The old man that passed was 97 and still used the Gem.

gorgo2, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

My best vintage gear was found with crusty blades still in. It's good to know the hardware was loved and well used. Patina is character!
    Don't even want to think about the amount of gear that gets tossed when an estate is gone through.

5. kingfisher

kingfisher Active Member

Nice finds. I've been looking for a clog pruf for a few weeks without any success.

6. dkeester

dkeester Well-Known Member

Very nice scores!! The MMCP is a really great razor.

Zykris likes this.
  7. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Great finds. And since you're cleaning them and putting them to good use, you honor the spirit of the previous owner.

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Did you get the Atra handle, too?

9. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

+1

Zykris likes this.
  10. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Nice finds. Enjoy 'em!

Zykris likes this.
  11. DDuckyMark

Yes I did. It was the only one with a blade in it. If you can count the mass of rust that I pulled off it as a blade.