Shamans cosmetiques

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rhody, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Greetings
    While stumbling around Quebec I see this store with hand made shave soap. Using donkey milk. Made in Canada. Anyone have experience with this? Search resulted in nothing. 2.82 oz half moon pucks. At about $7 Canadian. Sales clerk lathered one up and built a lather on the back if my hand.

Interested if anyone has tried this. I'll use some I bought in a few days.
    Cheers.

RyX likes this.
  2. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Never heard of it. How did it lather? What were the ingredients?

Rhody likes this.
  3. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

It lathered up nicely on my hand. It felt slick. I'll report back after I shave with it ingredients are below as best I could tap out.

Canola oil. Palm oil. Aqua. Coconut oil. Donkey milk. Butyrospermum. Shea. Aniba rosaeodora. Vittis. Grape seed oil. Gossypium. Cotton extract vitamin e.

This was from the rosewood scented version.

theFAT98 likes this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

5. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Well if it works good then thats a good price for a soap.

6. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Brief update
    One use so far. The cute donkey soap cup seems a tiny but too narrow as I found the half moon bottom of the puck move or swivel in the bowl.
    Initial impression after a use was the lather seemed thin and (hand) soap like. But was able to have enough for a 3 pass. Also seemed like the soap didn't hold once on face. Felt like it almost thinned out.
    That being said the slickness was insane. Felt so smooth. Easily a BBS shave. Face feel was amazing. Felt soft and conditioned afterwards. Second go with it today.

7. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Second go today. Felt like the lather was very thin. Maybe a challenge to my skills? Very thin bubble type lather. On face it seems to melt away. But oddly enough it was the same slick smooth shave. No cuts or irritation at all. After face feel is best I've experienced. Face feels finished. Like I don't need alum or as. Alum had no sting at all.