Omega Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Douglas Carey, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I really like my 830. Once broken in, it became soft on the face yet stiff enough to make great lather with hard, triple milled soaps.

Dansco likes this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Looks great Jim. 98 years ago seems like a long time. :)

tuxxdk and Jayaruh like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Really doesn't seem that long ago.:rofl:

Years ago, I made a hybrid 98.

tuxxdk, RyX and Douglas Carey like this.
  4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Used my 10098 the last two morning's. Works really great with soaps.

Dansco and Douglas Carey like this.
  5. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Nothing beats the Pro 49 for me. Perfect blend of backbone, stiffness, and soft tips. I can whip up a mountain of lather with that brush in no time.

6. RetLEO-07

Using my 10098 this week(except for yesterday, JR#161:)). I love this brush. Makes lather like nobody's business. And now that she's broken in, the tips are nice and soft.
    Tomorrow it's gonna be Route 66 "Rum Runner". Yeah buddy!

RyX, Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  7. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

@Jayaruh have you been drinking Bay Rum again for 98 years :p

Douglas Carey likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I've heard people say our country isn't that old...wonder if they think 1776 was just yesterday, lol. But back to brushes, I have 3 good ones now, which won't see much action til fall. It'll pick up a little when I get Aqua Velva-then I can use my Williams soap.

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Fun to revisit this thread some time later. Still have and use an Omega Pro #10098. Bought a second one to harvest the knot. It's now mounted in a threaded ferrule for quick swapping along with a APShaveCo Tuxedo & a Whipped Dog High Mountain badger on a B-400 handle.

If a new shaver was asking I'd easily recommend the O-Pro98. The handle shape is good, and the knot is great quality.

Dansco, Douglas Carey and RetLEO-07 like this.
  10. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I've got an Omega 20106 coming in on Thursday and can't wait to give that brush a shot.

Dansco, theFAT98, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  11. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Had a Pro 48 knot, but sold it - it kept being a taaaaaad too big for me. Got the Pro 49 later on and to this day it's by far my most favorite boar brush. Incredible soft, yet good backbone. Lathers like a champ. Took a few shaves or more to break in, but it was worth the wait.

Dansco, theFAT98, RyX and 2 others like this.
  12. RetLEO-07

The Mitchell's Wool Fat I ordered came yesterday. This morning I broke out the 10098 to whip up a lather. From what I read prior to ordering, MWF is difficult to lather. So I poured hot water on the puck and let it bloom while I brushed my teeth. Then using the dry brush technique I got after it. 90 seconds on the puck and then 45 in the bowl and I had a ton of slick lather. That 10098 is a great lather maker!

Zykris, theFAT98, RyX and 2 others like this.
  13. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

WP_20170706_001.jpg The Omega 20106 finally arrived! And it looks real good too.

WP_20170706_004.jpg now compare the Omega vs a WD 24mm. This brush is a beast! But out of the box it felt real good for a head and face lather using Sterling Soap Piacenza. Bet it's just going to get better with continued use. :)

Dansco, twhite, Linuxguile and 3 others like this.
  14. HUF

HUF Active Member

EXCELLENT shot. Thank you for posting.

Douglas Carey, RyX and Zykris like this.
  15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Actually yes, given that we celebrate events that took place much longer ago (like the "Onzet van Leiden" on October 3, 1574) and since you can still see and visit remains of the Roman empire in the town where I live ;-)

16. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

One of the best Omega brushes I used was the 20102.
    Personally I don't like Semogue boars brushes, but it is all YMMV, of course.

Dansco and Douglas Carey like this.
  17. Paul Turner

interesting, and of course that fella Chris Columbus discovered the place in 1492.

18. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I think the Norwegians (or Swedes?) were there long before him ... and of course the continent was inhabited long before.

But I'd say the USA is a young country indeed, compared to many European and Asian countries.

19. Paul Turner

well, good for the Scandis.....I'd love to visit that area some day.

20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Though disputed, there's evidence to support early colonization by a Welsh Prince Madoc in the 12th century. 1170 predates Christopher's 1492.

Got my first Semogue boar brush and made one lather with it. Being a previously owned knot it's already broken in. It's soft like my well used and enjoyed Omegas. I've heard new Semogues start softer than Omegas, but I like the exfoliating scritch.