Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by bscarpenter, Sep 1, 2016.

1. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

There's a red splash? They sound good.

Demidog likes this.
  2. dangermouse

I bought the green. It is GREAT.

RyX likes this.
  3. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Yup the red splash is relatively new. I believe that it came out last year. Also I was wrong with my earlier remarks. It doesn't have that familiar Proraso red scent in the bottle but after applying some, it dries down to smell very much like the soap/cream but with a hint of musk. It also works extremely well when coupled with the red pre-shave for added moisturizing and increased longevity of the scent.

dangermouse likes this.
  4. dangermouse

Spend spend spend. It's all I've done since I discovered this hobby. It's great. Thanks for the write up.

Demidog likes this.
  5. Demidog

I got a great deal on the green splash so I was able to pick some up and I only wish that I had bought some sooner. It smells incredibly good. It reminds me of Executive Man in that it is the smell of confidence, although the scent is completely different. The green cream is actually my least favorite of the four in terms of fragrance and I still give it a perfect 10/10, but the green splash is even better. If you don't like the green soap or cream, there is a good chance that you will still like the splash. The only major similarities that I detect between the two are the eucalyptus and menthol.

I have only two complaints: it has a longevity of about 10 minutes and it doesn't come as a cologne. Seriously, Proraso is missing out on a great opportunity to capitalize on the fragrance by not turning this into a cologne. It also doesn't completely dry out my face and make my skin feel uncomfortably tight like some other splashes.

dangermouse and RyX like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I did a little googling. These are unknown to me , but suggested colognes,
    "Pino Silvestre cologne or Acqua di Selva or Fresco by Victor." - Waldemar at basenotes.net

Demidog likes this.
  7. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Gonna be using the Green splash this morning for Menthol Monday
    HOOAH!

RyX, dangermouse and Demidog like this.
  8. targa88

targa88 Well-Known Member

Update: New version of the Proraso ASL (the new packaging with different colors).
    upload_2017-5-24_16-28-48.png
    The feel is different from the original version.
    Original version seemed to have something that was more soothing and left a better face feel (maybe the eucalyptus oil).
    New version almost seems closer the the Aqua Velva Green. Menthol is stronger but not freezing.
    Does the job just not the same face feel.

RyX likes this.
  9. Demidog

What was the old packaging? I think that' just the larger size packaged for barbers and it's meant to be used with the atomizer. It should be the same green aftershave that comes in the regular 3.4 oz bottles. The ingredients on my aftershave still list eucalyptus oil and it's probably the most highly mentholated product that I have.

10. targa88

targa88 Well-Known Member

upload_2017-5-24_18-4-53.png

RyX likes this.
  11. Demidog

My 3.4 oz bottle still has that old design. I always just thought the products with the stripes are for the domestic market while the other packaging is for the international market. If you go to Proraso's Italian site, all of their products have the striped packaging but on their English site, they all use the other design.

12. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I hope you are right. I love Proraso AS, especially in warm and hot seasons. There is no need to change anything, and I would advise them against messing with it. As for packaging, I remember reading once that the smaller square bottle is actually newer and they had a different shaped bottle for that size until just a few years ago. They did not change the recipe though, just the bottle.

Demidog likes this.
  13. RetLEO-07

Since today was predicted to be warm, I went with C O Bigelow Shave Cream and Proraso Green A/S. Nice and cooling as well as smelling great.

Demidog and Puma like this.
  14. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I am a fan of the Proraso green cream and AS, but I am not loving the pre/post shave in the little jar at all. I'm thinking I'll PIF it to anyone who wants to try it out. If you can cover the shipping, PM me. The jar is about 90% full. I've used it less than ten times and you are only supposed to use a very small amount.

Demidog likes this.
  15. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Big fan of the white. Which is a milky balm. Very soothing. But recently acquired the green. It's great too.

Demidog likes this.
  16. RetLEO-07

Since it was Menthol Monday, after the C O Bigelow there was Proraso Green A/S.
    Monday is off to a coool start!
    Have a good 'un!

Rhody, Puma and Demidog like this.
  17. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Wasted menthol Monday by trying aqua velca. Barf. It went from old man smell to my elderly grandmother's smell as it dried down. I know people like it and its been around for 100 years. No thanks

I see the new bottle of proraso green. Have they changed the formula?

18. RetLEO-07

Another cooool start to a Menthol Monday. Love the Green!

RyX likes this.
  19. RetLEO-07

After a shave with Catie's Bubbles "Sunrise", splashed on some Proraso Green Lozione Dopobarba. Much appreciated on this muggy Monday in the Great Garden State.

Demidog likes this.
  20. RetLEO-07

Another muggy day here at Exit 8. But not to worry, it's Menthol Monday! C O Bigelow plus Proraso Green Lozione Dopobarba equals a coooool start to the day. Ahhhh...

Puma and RyX like this.