NOS Beauties

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by rodd, Oct 22, 2008.

1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

2. chimes13

chimes13 New Member

I tried on all 3, but wasn't willing to go that high I guess. Very nice razors...

3. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I was watching all of them. Man that's high. He should be at that convention in Ohio, damn laptops!

4. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

I tried on the first two. More so on the first than the second

5. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

WOW :eek:

My pockets don't run quite that deep, but, on the other hand, how many sets like those in that kind of condition even exist? Man, I still can't believe how some sellers list these razors! I never saw any of those listings! :mad:

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I had an $80 snipe on the Milady. I wanted the Norfolk too, but I figured if I somehow won both, I would be in SO much trouble, so I picked one and went for it. My wife will be pleased that I didn't win. :rolleyes:

7. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

My pockets aren't nearly that deep either. If you have the time search "razor", you'll get 2000+ hits but it should cover everything. Thank goodness I can search at work. :cool:

8. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Well. I just went and looked at my $75 NOS Aristocrat set again, and I feel much better! :D

9. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Yeah, I've done that. It brings up like 60 pages of items. :happy102

Even still, did you see some of scottydoint's recent acquisitions? The listings were titled "Gillette, cased".

10. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Gotta search Gillette, thats a given. ;)

11. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Yah, that Aristocrat was awesome! I've been looking for one of those for months. I rarely search BIN's, although I probably should. My secret seaches are "razor", "Gillette" and "shaving", it takes far too long.

12. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Actually, I kind of lied here, because, in fairly rapid succession, I bought this, this (picture gone, but it's a cased 1962 Aristocrat), and this.

And today, I won this and this.

So, I guess my pockets are deeper than I thought..... :ashamed001

You know, I have kind of been all over with my razor collecting, but if I have focused on one thing, it's Aristocrats. With my win today, that brings my Aristocrat total to 8.

13. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Your pockets are bottomless! Nice scores.

14. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I'm going to be bottomless after the a** whoopping if my wife ever peeks at the credit card bill! ;)

15. spinyeel

spinyeel Member

You'll have to be on a corporate lawyer's salary to collect razors in a few more years.:eek::rolleyes:

16. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

secret??? hahaha

old razor
    vintage razor
    antique razor
    razor
    shaving razor
    shaver
    gillette (plus both misspellings)

and of course:

safety razor
    gem razor
    gem cutlery
    ever ready
    eveready (yes, ive found stuff with this search)

now my cat is out of the bag :happy005

17. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

wouldn't the term "razor" cover the same stuff as all of the other searches you with razor in the term? Like isn't "gem razor" a subset of the results from "razor"?

18. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

im pretty sure youre right, but i like to make sure i have all of my bases covered :)

19. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

20. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

true, easy to overlook something when you are looking through thousands of results.