1 day, 2 double rings

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by D.irving79, Oct 22, 2008.

1. tom myers

tom myers Member

Dave, are you going to attempt the orthodontist bit on that second one?

Regards,
    Tom

2. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

yes. with EXTREME care and caution.

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Oh, Dave. :eek:

Am I the only one who thinks you should get some kind of professional to do that?

4. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

youre probably right but i usually have good luck with fixing razor related issues....so far that is :)

5. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

On a lesser razor, okay, but on something extrememly rare like that, I would find someone more skilled at fixing things of that nature. You will be crying for a long time if you accidently break off a tooth -- I know I would.

6. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

impressive razor Dave !!!! never heard of a double ring.

I was thinking this thread was about to go nipple piercing or something untill I clicked the ebay link !

Awesome Razor very..very Classic Barber look !

7. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i broke the scales of a straight razor that was manufactured in my town about 100 years ago. that was pretty upsetting.

given the overall condition, im still debating. i might just leave it, or go for it.

it has become my favorite DE, both in looks and performance.

8. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

well the first "double ring" got here....

tricky little SOB. the tarnish marks made it look like a double ring. even from a few feet away it looks like one. but it is, in fact, a 1919 single ring.

for the price i paid, im still VERY happy.

9. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Sorry about that one, bummer. I've been known to blow up and mess with the contrast in Photoshop with some unclear eBay pictures and it really does help sometimes. That's how I decided to bid on a TV Rocket that was out of focus in the sellers photo, everyone else must have thought it a regular Flare Tip Rocket. :D There wasn't much you could do with that bad angle though.

You still done good.

10. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i opened the case and was just bummed for a split second. i had psyched myself out that it could have also been a single ring, so it wasnt so bad.

11. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

The case is what had me guessing, definitely a Single Ring case.

12. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Don't feel too bad, Dave. Look at the piece of crap I ended up with on a fuzzy picture gamble. Fortunately, the seller is going to take it back.

By the way, if you can't tell, this is an Aristocrat, not a Slim.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

yeah but if you saw his other auctions, you might have thought differently. he had single rings with listed serial numbers in double ring cases.

youre one of those picky people arent you?

;)

14. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Yeah, there's just something about shaving with rusty razors that doesn't interest me. :D