30 Day Crew LE Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by jtspartan, May 18, 2017.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

SharptoothC likes this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

SharptoothC and RyX like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I am not seeing the picture.

SharptoothC likes this.
  4. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

It posted before it was supposed to and then wouldn't let me edit. I deleted the post and will try again:

My 30DC LE Maple Cashmere is the only brush I have used throughout June. I have thrown 20 different soaps at it and it has lathered them all perfectly, mostly bowl lathers but a few face lathers too. It's a great brush.

Here it is with my prized Alluminati Envy White badger brush and a cypress handle Jason had rejected as a "second" from his LE brushes. I am still waiting for a two-band badger knot to arrive from Maggards for that one -- and wondering if it has gotten lost in the mail now...

IMG_00000024.jpg IMG_00000025.jpg

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

The lathe work on mine is basically flawless. @jtspartan did everything he could with this project, and really hit a home run.

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Beautiful. That reject handle is veddy nice too.

That is an understatement.

SharptoothC, clint64, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:happy036: It arrived! The craftmanship is outstanding. I put the brush to immediate use.
    IMG_3700.jpg

8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I took my 30DC LE brush on its maiden voyage today. It is fantastic, and @jtspartan is a true craftsman! :happy088:

SOTD_062817.jpg

9. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Here's mine with the big boar. Over 70mm of loft. Good stuff, and beautiful to look at.
    IMG_6556.jpg

10. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Beautiful brushes guys!

SharptoothC, Drygulch and George X like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

My handle arrived today and I just couldn't wait to install the knot from an Omega 20107. The handle is fantastic and fits so well in my hand. I will have a blast using this brush.

[​IMG]

12. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Tuxedo for Me! [​IMG]

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Big bore boars rock!!

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Variations of knots installed plus the wood and stain options have me wondering what all the brushes look like. I'm going to start gathering photos and knot descriptions to make a "group photo". I'll get with Jason @jtspartan for a list of everyone who received.
    Clint's @clint64 above is the style of photo I'm looking for. A description of your knot of choice will be part of the project, if y'all please!

jtspartan and SharptoothC like this.
  15. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Here is my brush with an Omega Boar:

IMG_0484.JPG IMG_0485.JPG

16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Very nice. Omega boars are Top of the Line in my book. Do you recall which Omega donated it's knot?

SharptoothC and clint64 like this.
  17. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Rick. It was the only Omega I owned, a 10049. I really enjoy the knot, and I think it will work out nicely in this handle.

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

[​IMG]

Omega 20107 was the knot used. Finished loft of 26mm x 62mm .

19. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I just got my knot yesterday. I set it this morning, gave it a cleanup lather and a combing, and just now had my first shave.

[​IMG]

The knot is a TGN Finest in fan. I have never had a bad knot from TGN and this one is no exception. I put a quarter in the bottom, so it is set at 52-53 and 48 to the glue bump. The hole being opened to a full 26 lets the knot open up and bloom nicely, giving it the feel of an even bigger brush than it is. The handle is a great shape. More and more I am growing to appreciate this style of handle, maybe especially as I bowl lather more now.

Jason did such a nice job with this it is unreal. @jtspartan , many many thanks. It is a beautiful brush and sits proudly with my other customs.

@RyX

Here is a pic you can use if you like it, but I would gladly, and maybe should, take one that highlights the brush a little better as opposed to a SOTD pic. The brush is still wet from use. I can take another tomorrow and post it too. This was just one from today.

[​IMG]

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

The brush looks great Jared. :eatdrink047: