Florida Water Inquiry

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Zykris, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

2. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Wow...two new fans of Murray and Lanman Florida water! My girlfriend's shared order came in and we both love it. We're fans of both the scent and the cooling properties. Yes, I know what is and isn't in it, but maybe there's a little magic in there somewhere after all. We'll both be using it as part of our shared shaving hobby.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    RyX and Zykris like this.
  3. Kilgore Trout

If you are so inclined, place some in a spray bottle and gently mist your bedding linens.

I think you will thank me later. :)

4. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Not a bad idea! To answer the OP's questions, I splashed some on my face a cpla hrs after my shave today...so it's about four ago...I can still enjoy the scent at maybe a soft 7. Still enjoyable. I don't know how to describe scents so I won't try. Also, it even feels nice. Skin still feels smooth and like I applied a very fine powder.,.feels great. Glad to have been introduced to this old classic.
    I bet it's perfect for linens!

5. Kilgore Trout

I knew a gal in South Texas that swore by the relaxing properties of florida water sprayed on linens. It is cheap enough.

RyX, Ijustmissedthe50s and Zykris like this.
  6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Just finished off a face shave with some Florida Water myself. I should get a case at this point. Lol

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  7. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm a fan as well. I like the smell and find it refreshing.

8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

FW is popular for stuff like that all over the South. My grandmother used it as fabric freshener.

Ijustmissedthe50s and RyX like this.
  9. Kilgore Trout

Yes Sir.

10. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I've been thinking of getting some FW. After reading this thread, I guess I'll have to take the plunge...

dustmite, Zykris and RyX like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's inexpensive, and may be available at local shops. Fizzy orange soda, Coca-Cola, spices, floral. High alcohol content for that AS burn. It's good stuff!

12. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Never know until you try, right? Great stuff FW is!

13. RetLEO-07

Did a Google search. Allegedly a Walgreens about 8 mi. from where I work has a few in stock. I'll be checking it out.

14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's great for when the snow is three feet deep and you need to be reminded spring will come ... eventually. :signs136:

Ijustmissedthe50s and RyX like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

I purchased my first bottle in Texas at a HEB grocery. Got the next four from Walgreens for around $5 per bottle. I've gifted more of it than I've used. It's a unisex scent so it works OK for us old guys, and ladies like to wear it, too.

16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I think you should. It's only like $4, and I consider it a real gem of a product. Based upon your other preferences, you'd probably like FW.

17. EnglishChannel

EnglishChannel Well-Known Member

BLUE STEEL - I like the sound of that.
    Enrico, I'm going to have to try that combo.
    Thanks for sharing.

RyX and Enrico like this.
  18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

What other preferences would that be ... Swamp Water and Skunk Juice? :sick007: ... Oh sorry thats in my den. :happy102:

19. ZipZop

ZipZop Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I have always liked Florida Water. As with all plastic contained fragrances, I decant mine into glass as soon as I buy it.
    It's a classic fragrance as far as I'm concerned. Lasts long enough for me. I don't want to nose-shock people on elevators with my fragrance.
    Florida Water is subtle, but classic. Never had any complaints. So far, anyway.

-Zip

RyX and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  20. RetLEO-07

Well, after work I hustled over to the Walgreens. Walked into the shaving isle. No FW. An employee happened to be there and asked if I needed help. Explained my quest. She smiled and told me that she didn't believe they had that item. She went to check, and sure enough, no Florida Water. Serves me right for trusting the Interwebs. Guess I'll hit Walgreens.com and do it that way.

RyX and dustmite like this.