What's your best budget cream?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Rusty blade, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I just received my first shave cream just a wee bit under $10. Ingram from the UK. A palm test lather makes me think that I'm really going to like it.

2. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

On sale right now at Straight Razor Designs is Icoloniali. Very nice, upper level cream. $9.50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Palmolive Classic and Menthol are two of the few creams which I'm keeping in my rotation. I find they both lather great for me. I'd say the best way is to put a dab on both cheeks, then wet your brush, shake off some excess water and get to it. I even bowl-lathered the Menthol version recently with very good results. :)

PanChango and tuxxdk like this.
  4. Yehuda D

Ohhhhhhh, I used a few Indian duds - trust me. I hated the Vicco Turmeric like poison and there's another one called Wild Stone which I found hard to lather and its scent wasn't nice either. I think the worst cream, Indian or otherwise that I had the misfortune of using was Axe Denim. The lather was the only decent thing about it but did it ever reek, and the skincare was 0/10 - at least to me. How that stuff could have been approved by the Indian Ministry of Health is a mystery to me. After two shaves I gave it to my friend who claimed he loved it so it's a case of YMMV.

5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Daaaang, Jeff, I posted that back in FEB 2016. I'm going to have to see what's been said between then and now. I haven't been keeping up with this thread. But, I do stand by my original reviews of the Indian Yardley and Godrej. Two excellent lathering, and slick creams.

Yehuda D likes this.
  6. Yehuda D

For sure, I agree with you that the Godrej and Yardley creams are excellent. :) No question about it that India has a reputation for making some of the best creams in the world. However, like anywhere else there are a few exceptions.

DaltonGang likes this.
  7. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Speaking of menthol, I'm still using the Gada you provided me. Love the menthol level and also scent. Performance is top notch! It's a great cream here in the summer months.

Yehuda D likes this.
  8. Yehuda D

I'm glad you like it! ;)

Let me know when you're finished it so I could send you some more. As I said - there are very few creams I'm keeping in my rotation and Gada is one of them. I enjoy it a lot also whenever I use it.

tuxxdk likes this.
  9. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

That's very generous of you! There's not much left, but I reckon for some shaves still :) Are you still using Matas?

Yehuda D likes this.
  10. Yehuda D

Let me know when it's empty and I'll send you a couple of new ones. The Matas is a NICE soap and I'm still using it now and then!

tuxxdk likes this.
  11. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Nope, Yellow can is the Lanolin version. Green can is the Aloe Vera flavor.

Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  12. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Talking about Aloe Vera reminds me that I really like the Proraso Blue Shaving Cream. I used it this morning and enjoyed a smooth comfortable shave with my 1955 Gillette A-4 Redtip loaded with a shimmed Gillette Yellow blade.

Clayton

Yehuda D likes this.
  13. Mikael

Mikael New Member

Palmolive Classic, ARKO Moist, Proraso Blue, Kent Shaving cream, Tabac rasiercreme (as i really dont like, but its cheap) .

Yehuda D likes this.
  14. charlievarrick

charlievarrick New Member

Kiss My Face

jeraldgordon and BigMark83 like this.
  15. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I just recently ordered some Ingram, Palmolive and Derby menthol. Now I get to sit and watch the mailbox until they arrive. :signs062:I have decided I am going to spend some time using creams...just for a change. All the reviews I read on these creams are very positive.

CarlfromMO likes this.
  16. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Pacific Shaving Company - Natural Shaving Cream.

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I may try a Kiss My Face, now that some are being sold in my local supermarket.

18. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

They have also introduced a Men's line.

Paul Turner likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Right, I think that's the line there. The Aqua scent appeals to me. So good to see that at the same place where I buy cereal.

BigMark83 likes this.
  20. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Got to be Proraso for sensitive skin