Any motorcycle riders?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by pvtbanks, May 12, 2016.

1. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Thank You for the well wishes! I too , hope I can enjoy another ride soon.

clint64 likes this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Glad you got out for a ride. Looked like a great day for it.

3. Morman Bridge

Thank You Sir!

4. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

I'm happy for you - sounds like a nice trip :happy088: Oh - and good luck on your next run ;)

clint64 likes this.
  5. Morman Bridge

Thank You Marverel!

clint64 likes this.
  6. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

This was my fourth bike and my first HD. Gave me years of trouble free riding and was a valuable trade. Very photogenic, too.
    Heritage2010.jpg

clint64 and lightcs1776 like this.
  7. ColtJustice

ColtJustice Well-Known Member

I had to sell my Harley back in the '90's and have been kicking myself ever since.
    But I do have an '32 Indian Chief sitting in my garage. It was stripped down for painting right before my dad died, and never got put back together.

lightcs1776, Puma and Eeyore like this.
  8. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

For those riding cruisers; doesn't your back hurt after a few hours of riding? For me, a slightly forward leaning position is much more comfortable.

Of course cruisers look great, no discussion about that

9. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I have never had an issue, but my bikes all have had floorboards or mid-mount controls so the feet are a little more underneath instead of way out in front. I am also very comfortable on my cousin's FJR, and a Street Triple I rode often. I have a friend with an old ST who can't ride a hard core sport bike because of two issues: weight on his wrists, and his jewels being up against the tank because of the way he slides forward on the seat when he rides that type of bike. It's like shaving, some are much more picky, like my friend, and others, like me, can ride anything.

clint64, lightcs1776 and Eeyore like this.
  10. Bob Palmer

Bob Palmer Member

11. Morman Bridge

Hey folks, Good Morning! Finally took another ride today. I only rode for 20 minutes or so, but it was fun. I took a photo of the scenery. I was scouting around to see if the geese were out, so I could take my spouse down to the local park in the car to feed them. We keep popcorn around the house for just such a purpose. Alas, the geese are not around today. Here's the photo I took at NP Dodge park on the mighty Mo!-

[​IMG]

Have a great day everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puma and clint64 like this.
  12. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

That's a nice bike. I like the extra gears on the 700. That 6th gear will get me comfortably cruising at about 85mph with a good medium engine speed.

I finished it today and have been riding most of the day. All it needs now are new tires. The ones on there now were made in 2005. Supposed to change them every 6 years.

I didn't have too much to do to it considering it was laid down in 2006 and hasn't started or been run since. Took more time finding the parts and waiting on shipping then it did installing them. Wasn't too expensive either. All together with some tools I needed for it I'm only out about $1300.

IMG_20170918_162552554_HDR.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Puma likes this.
  13. Morman Bridge

Congratulations on the successful repair! That's a nice looking Honda. You can't beat them for reliability. That bike could conceivably carry you all the way across this country, worry free. Enjoy your rides!

14. Morman Bridge

Hi everybody, with the warm weather approaching, I find myself staring longingly at my scoot, as it tucked into the shed. Yesterday I went out and opened the shed up and unplugged the charger, and fired the old girl up. I started it one other time this winter, around Christmas time. When I parked my Phantom last year, I figured it was the last time I would ever sit in the saddle on this side of the river Styx. Since then, I have both quit smoking cigarettes, and lost 20 pounds. I am breathing a lot better since I quit. I am hoping I can ride this beast again. Come Saturday it is supposed to reach 62 Degrees during the day. My game plan is to pull it out of the shed, and ride it around the mobile home park I live in. Sort of a test ride to see if I should try to ride on the streets again. I didn't even put plates on it before I parked it, because I thought I would be too sick to ride again. But now that I'm not smoking, I think I can breathe much better, and I think I will be able to. Wish me luck folks. [​IMG]
    Peace,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marverel, DaltonGang and clint64 like this.
  15. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Congrats on giving up the smokes, brother. Stay healthy as best you can and, ride on!

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Alan I wish you luck on your ride this weekend. I hope you are able to enjoy the ride to its fullest.

17. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Great news Alan. I hope, one of these years, I will get back into motorcycle riding. It's been a few years since I gave mine away, and I kind of miss riding.

18. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

That is all great news. By losing 20lbs, you have also gained about 3hp. Ride on.

19. Morman Bridge

Thanks fellows, I will keep everyone posted if it all goes well. Have a great day everyone!

20. Newcreature

Newcreature Member

20140920_103131.jpg

Puma likes this.