Blade gap is uneven in my Gillette Slim

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by CloseShave889, Aug 6, 2017.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Depending on how much you paid, sentimental value? It may not be worth sending it out. Good luck with whatever you decide.

2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Hmm. I've had different experience. Other than the razor I'm currently flummoxed by, all of the ones I've received have had impacts on one end, which torqued the 'comb' between the center mount and the end. Those were adjustable by using a smooth flat head screwdriver to gently torque the one 'corner' back into position. _This_ one appears to have been used as a hammer and a prybar. (I'll post photos later, once my internet is fixed.)

Douglas Carey likes this.
  3. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Granted, my testing pool is only 5 razors, so I was hasty in saying that ALL razors would be like mine. Thanks for the correction, my friend.

4. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Not a correction - just different experience. Yours have worked out one way, mine another.

I mean, if Captain Murphy were on here, he'd have some interesting stories to tell, I'm sure.

5. WilliamT

WilliamT New Member

Hate to kick an old thread but mine that I just got looks EXACTLY the same...same side even. Wonder if it was a factory thing more than a drop?

6. StuB

StuB New Member

Reviving an old thread.
    After throughly cleaning (Dawn soak and mineral oiling) my newly acquired J4 Slim Adjustable has an uneven blade gap. Is this a big deal and how do I correct it?

Attached Files: