How's Your Day? August 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I must be getting old. Earlier today my cellphone rang, on the caller ID it said "Scanner likely" I should not have answered it, when I put the phone up to my ear I heard the LOUDEST high volume blast! It was so loud that 5 hours later I still have buzzing.
    Lesson learned.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thank you Kerry..she's getting great care where she is.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It's been busy day. We had to get out very early to get my Mom to the hospital for hip replacement surgery. The surgery went well and she was already up using a walker with help from the physical therapy department. We are finally back home just before 9.

AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm glad it went well. She will feel so much better after a few weeks of recovery and therapy.

Sara-s likes this.
  5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That's the most important part of this process, my mom had wonderful care and loved the entire staff.
    Unfortunately my mom's facility had a huge gap in care when taking the residents out on field trips.
    When visiting with your mom pay attention to the littlest details, bed sores, diet and such. If you see something say something

AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Let's see... the day started with updating credit card info with a new card number (to replace the hacked one.). Thankfully I am not out any money, but need to file a police report as soon as I have all the documentation. Someone managed to spend over 12 grand by getting my card #.
    Later, off to the jeweler, to get an heirloom pocket watch- probably my maternal grandmother's-restored.
    Finally, I got some time at the outdoor range. The weather was gorgeous.

RaZorBurn123, AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  8. Paul Turner

I was told at my auto mechanic's place that a brake needs replacing. Set the pace for my day, as I decided to just keep the car here and they can take me tomorrow morning. 2 hours, he figures. I'll bring Sudoku and a good book. Therefore, no gym(although I put in some fastwalking around the complex driveway to make it up).

RaZorBurn123 and AGHisBBS like this.
  9. RetLEO-07

IMG_0602.JPG
    Wear something red today!

RaZorBurn123 and AGHisBBS like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Well, the time of grieving has begun for my family-Mom's life ended peacefully and comfortably yesterday late afternoon, Today my sister and I will clear out her room decorations, pictures, etc. The facility where she(my Mom)was has a Meditation Room, and I plan to spend some time there. Thanks so much once again for your prayers and thoughts that helped keep her going as long as she was able to.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

Well, I'm 0 for 2 in that ballgame(since I began focusing on your message). Workin on it.

12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'm so sorry to hear the news, Paul. Prayers for her and for you and your family. May she be at peace.

RaZorBurn123 and Paul Turner like this.
  13. RetLEO-07

Paul my brother, you have my sincere condolences on the passing of your Mom. I lost mine in 2014 to the ravages of Alzheimer's. Towards the end she didn't even recognize me. That was harder than her passing. Cherish her memory and hang in there.

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Father, bless Paul with the perfect peace that can only come from You. For Your glory. In Jesus's name. Amen

15. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear Paul, prayers and thoughts are being sent.

16. Paul Turner

Thank you to everyone sending out post-mortem prayers.

RaZorBurn123 and richgem like this.
  17. Tylervanstone

Tylervanstone Active Member

I'm having a good day, I ordered 2 brushes and they shipped late the guy who I bought them from gave me a really nice bonus brush.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yesterday was a helluva day. My mom was transferred from the hospital (after hip replacement surgery) to a rehab facility. My sister chose the place. I'm sure they gave a great presentation, but she was deceived. The grounds & PT (physical therapy) room looked nice, but the patient room was dreadful. It was dreary, poorly lit and too small to be well-suited for an orthopedic patient.

When you are using a wheelchair or walker, you need extra room to move, and things like sinks & light switched should be lower on the wall. Within a day, mom was freaking out. My sister meanwhile, was mad that we didn't like her choice. (Despite her opinion to the contrary, we were not questioning her intentions, but telling her that the result was just not good.)

So the hubby & I had to find a place we felt would be better, without the luxury of much time. We got her transferred to a new place before the day was out and hope that we have made a better choice. It's farther from my sister, but the rooms are better-designed and the staff seemed more responsive. Let's hope for the best.

19. RetLEO-07

IMG_0265.JPG
    Today starts my week in solitary :prrr:

AGHisBBS likes this.
  20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

AGHisBBS and RetLEO-07 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.