Better shave on razor change syndrome

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Engblom, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

I have some razors I regularly use. All are excellent razors I really love. When I grab one, I very often get stuck with it for a longer time, often several weeks.

What I find funny is that whatever razor I grab, it always feels like an upgrade from what I have been using. This always surprises me. This is also the reason I often get stuck with it for a longer time.

Am I alone with this, or are other have this syndrome too?

2. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I've gotten about 80 razors in the past couple of years...flare-tips, '40s, adjustables, Techs, single-edge & injectors...40 or more different brands of blades...but for the best shave, I keep going back to my '41 Ranger Tech. I've given all but about a dozen to my middle grandson, keeping several '40s Super Speeds, my toggle, Damaskeene & bullet Micromatic, a Schick E2 and adjustable, a PAL adjustable (why I kept it, I have no idea), and my post-war ball-end Tech (used to be my #1). I keep rotating these to cull out the finalists, but none can surpass the Ranger for quality of shave. It is (IMO) truly the *best* razor in the entire universe.

3. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Can I be your grandson also?

4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I have a feeling that the change in razors, forces you to pay a little more attention than you were resulting in a better change. I rarely hop between razors any more using them for extended periods and get fantastic shaves from most.

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I've been using my Ti Baby Smooth for a tad over 30 days, this is by far the longest I've used any of my gear consistently. I've noticed that I have no interest in switching up, I'm getting fantastic shaves. You're not alone. :)

BigMark83, PanChango and Zykris like this.
  6. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

He's got one helluva collection so far.