How's Your Day? August 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

A day to relax from the stresses and busy days my sister and I have relative to getting my Mom's house ready to sell, planning for her Memorial, reviewing bereavement therapy ideas(although I just got a call about the latter....why do they wait til the end of the business day to call me-makes me feel like Rodney Dangerfield, but other business have done that too). We're taking tomorrow off, too. Another thing I just learned, a Dollar Tree will be coming to my hometown, in fact pretty close to me.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Ah, no.

3. RetLEO-07

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm having a really good day, my girls are starting to plan my 55th birthday party for next week, which also I'll be celebrating my 5 years of TWS.

AGHisBBS, Slipperyjoe and richgem like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The hubby & I brought mom home from rehab yesterday. Lots of stuff to do and no help from my younger sister (who lives in the area and hasn't seen her in more than a week.). I'm tired & also annoyed. But that was yesterday. Today, I went to my Bonsai club picnic, which was a relief from all of the stress.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  6. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Pretty crappy but the wife has been trying to make it better. We got up early to go hunting at a huge local flea market and then head off to vacation for a few days. I go out to find someone got into my truck and stole my wallet. Id, credit cards, cash all gone. Needless to say the flea market was out as we had to wait for pd to show up and I was in no mood to go once they got here. Spent an hour on the phone cancelling everything I can think of and the wife said is there anyplace close by we haven't been to? So we find a few shops 30 minutes away and make the trip. Sadly only saw 1 double edge razor an overpriced Ariatocrat and I also saw a nice Satinedge but I wasnt going to pay 160 bucks. I did pick up one thing because It called to me but overall it was a frustrating day. Looks like it will be a stacation since I have to go about getting ID and cards replaced and most of that wont be done till wed or so.

It is was a Homan Mfg Co silver shave mug. Not sure if its meant to be a scuttle, dont care honestly just thought it was cool.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and RetLEO-07 like this.
  7. RetLEO-07

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. The mug is very cool however.

8. RetLEO-07

9. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I'm in full freakout mode, as I look into changing careers. My profession is dead, and if I'm honest with myself...I hate the work...like really hate it (I'd probably go nuts if I have to print up another financial statement).

I'm off to the local trade school to inquire about a program I'm interested in....well after hanging out with a friend watching the eclipse.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, richgem and mrchick like this.
  10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

One step at a time, Luke. It's all gonna work out.

lightcs1776 and lradke like this.
  11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Amen.

lradke likes this.
  12. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I hear ya. Its a HUGE decision, and not one I am making lightly at all. I'm constantly going over things in my mind 24/7 and bouncing ideas, frustrations, questions, etc. off my closest of friends. Everyone else is out of the loop, because I can't handle that added stress/distraction of inquiring minds (if you know what I mean).

But yeah...one step at a time is how I'm doing it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

richgem likes this.
  13. RetLEO-07

14. RetLEO-07

Thanks for this. Now I need this..
    IMG_1032.JPG

AGHisBBS and richgem like this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

I'm sorry buddy.

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks Kerry....I fear this loss may be tougher on me than I'd imagined.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  17. RaZorBurn123

Well today will be a humdinger. My lovely wife and daughter are up right now preparing food for my birthday bash later today.
    My kids and grandkids will be here for a great time, these are the days I'm so thankful for.
    One thing missing is my telephone call with my mom reminiscing about life, I do know she is here not only in my heart but in spirit.
    Tomorrow marks my 5th year of wet shaving, it took me until November 7 2013 to really figure out how to use the tools, I want to thank each and every member, mod, for the love and support.
    God is great.

AGHisBBS, swarden43 and Paul Turner like this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

I understand. You have to believe that Mom is in a better place, she's singing amongst the Angel's.

Paul Turner likes this.
  19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Amen.
    And Happy Birthday!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Happy birthday! What time did you want us for cake?

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.