Omega Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Douglas Carey, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

New evidence would suggest that the Vikings where in North America before that.

Eeyore and RyX like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Yes, they were probably in Nova Scotia around 900 AD

RyX and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

That's the ticket. If you go back to the melting of the ice cap after the ice age. There where people who came down the open area long before that. It is an interesting history and fun to study. It does seem with new evidence coming forward almost every day who knows who was really first.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  4. Bama Samurai

I totally agree on this, and take the dissenting view on history that we are much older as a civilized species than we know. Columbus only showed N America to post Dark Age Europe. The Scandinavians and possibly even the Chinese had already been here, even if only in passing. Outside of the Middle East and the cultures like China and Japan, there isn't much written history. We really don't have much hard information about N Europe and The Americas before the Spanish incursions into the Carribean. There is some evidence of Scandinavian Viking permanent sailing stations and even settlement in Greenland and eastern Canada 400-900 years before the Spanish. It gets even crazier when considering the Megaliths of Central America. It has been posited by some historians that the stuff in Peru and Bolivia may be as old as 13,000 BCE. Egypt may even be older than popularly believed. Almost none of the history that is commonly taught deals with any of this physical evidence. We are told modern civilization started in Iraq and spread toward Egypt. But then again, N America was probably populated in antiquity by Humans from Siberia migrating through Alaska and settling all the way into Argentina. These people become "the Indians" that Columbus encountered. History, as the narrative is currently taught, doesn't really tell our story as a species.

Douglas Carey and RyX like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

I-am-not-saying.gif

BigMark83 and Douglas Carey like this.
  6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

The most common DNA comes from an African woman they call Lucy. Some artifacts such as arrowheads and cutting tools give an idea of the time humans arrived. Whether where civilized or not is up in the air. IMO I'm not sure we are civilized yet.

RyX likes this.
  7. Bama Samurai

I mean civilized in the anthro sense, meaning they built dwellings and lived in settled groups, and were not nomadic. DNA does provide many clues to how humans moved around. Your reference to the tools is right on, and is one of the things that makes me question history--like the existence of advanced megalithic stone masonry in "uncivilized" C America long before post Dark Age Europeans landed.

Douglas Carey and RyX like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

On the Kardashev Scale we're a Type Zero.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I was trying to be funny. I do believe we are on the same line of thought.
    One must be careful of written history. I have read accounts of battles that I participated in to be off the mark. I'm being polite here.

Bama Samurai and RyX like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

History, especially military history, carries an agenda, and is often not reality. I believe you. An old family friend was Army SF in the Northern Highlands working with locals in the early sixties. His take on the whole thing is really different from my college classes, and it was a real eye opener for me. Have you considered writing your first hand accounts of what Marines like yourself really experienced? We are talking some of the USMC's most valiant moments. I bet you have a story to tell.

RyX and Douglas Carey like this.
  11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks. I believe that some of it is classified. I would not want to disrespect any of my fellow Marines or Corpsmen. Although some of the reports I've read may not be correct in my opinion, there may have been a very good reason for their writing in that manner. I respect senior officers and the work they do. Loose lips sink ships. :) I did my job very well and I'm sure they did theirs in a proper Marine Corps manner.
    I also had the honor of serving with the Montagnard people north of Khe Sanh I the later 60's. They are the indigenous people of Vietnam. Their name Montagnard means people of the mountain. You could write about them, but no one would believe what they accomplished. Amazing people to say the least.

PickledNorthern and RyX like this.
  12. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Not to pee in anyone's cornflakes, but here's a post about my Omega 10098. Used it this morning with MWF and got a boatload of slick, cushiony lather that post shave left my skin feeling really smooth and soft!
    You may now proceed with your history lesson.

13. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

The big Omega boar(10098) is getting some love on Woolfat Wednesday!

Dansco and Douglas Carey like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Fed my O Pro 98 some Route 66 soap today. Almost two years intermittent use and it keeps getting better.

Dansco, Douglas Carey and RetLEO-07 like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My 40033 has taken me around the world and back ...
    IMG_0150.JPG

16. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's not the size of the brush,
    but how you use it!
    :eatdrink047:

Douglas Carey and Enrico like this.
  17. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I have several Omega brushes. They are an amazing product at a very reasonable price.

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I agree with you @Rusty blade.

19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Oh, yeah! I have three. Love 'em all!

20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Their quality in knots are great and style is beautify, but the method or mechanics of knot attachment leave some thing to be desired.

I've owned three different models of Omega brushes (40033, 10098, and 81569) and all three the knot fell out. Once I reset the knots they went back to being great brushes. After a few like that I leery of purchasing more Omegas. That said, the 11126 and the 599 keeps calling my name. :D

Douglas Carey likes this.