How's Your Day? August 2017

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by swarden43, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Excellent!! Good things happen to good people. :)

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yay! Hope things keep looking up!

3. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Well, it's the last day of August and I'm freaking out.

I've quit my crap job at Safeway, to focus on my schooling. I have 12 more hours there! Thank goodness!!

I applied to, and been accepted to the heavy equipment tech program at a nearby college. It's a 12 week program that takes care of the first year of apprenticeship, meaning I get to challenge the year one exam when I am done...this becoming a second year apprentice. That means when all is said and done, and I'm working...I'll be making more than accounting has ever gotten me, even the starting out wage! I'll finally be able to pay my bills (first time in years)!!! At the completion of the course, my contacts in the trade tell me that I should be able to walk into a job no problem (and that I should be able to walk into one without the program too...but I'd just start lower). It's great news that this is all working out, the first thing to really work out in years...and the thought of it is overwhelming.

In addition to that, my wife has more piano students than ever, and more are trying to break down the door to have her teach them. We recently found out that her name is the only one being passed around town as being the best teacher! More good news that is overwhelming.

I'm terrified at the thought of my life finally coming together, but excited all the same.

Anyway, I have all my stuff sitting out for Tuesday... hopefully I don't die of a panic attack before then...but if I do, at least I had cool welding gloves! ;)[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS and mrchick like this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Awesome news, Luke! Congratulations and best of luck!

lradke likes this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Best of luck to you, @lradke in your new endeavor!

lradke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.