September 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 31, 2017.

?

Which SE will you be using this month?

1. Schick Injector

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. Pal Injector

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. A vintage Gem of some sort

17 vote(s)
    45.9%
  4. Mongoose

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Shavette

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  6. Artist Club

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. Traditional Straight

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  8. Fooled you - no SE here!

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  9. Cookies. Either let me have some or let me out.

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

IMG_1775.JPG
    My cookies arrived today. You guys obviously forgot to send Vodka to Neal, and Sake to Chris.

2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I am in for SEptember, but it may be a few days before I get to it. I am still stuck at work. I am going to try to shave this evening, as I haven't been able to shower just yet (I know, it isn't pleasant for me either). But, I will be using the disposable the refinery gave me. I hope everyone is doing well.

3. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

For September, I will start by using my Supply Provision Single Edge injector. As the month goes on, I may change off with my Schick E2 and G. I also have a Schick M Adjustable and a Pal Adjustable that I have never properly tried. Finally, I have various models of Gems to use.

I will work with the Semogue SOC boar brush some more to get it properly broken in.

I will mix up the soaps and postshave products as the mood strikes me. When I am using the Supply Provision injector, I will probably go with shaves that are All Supply Provision All The Way and use their brush, soaps/creams and postshave balms. Other days I will use drugstore creams and aftershave stuff.

I look forward to spending another month with you guys.

4. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I'm in for September. I will be doing an unfocused focus, working with straights, SEs, and what ever I find in the pile. I have a Wilkerson Sword Empire set with seven blades I want to try out, along with a Mongoose, a couple injectors, and some new straights. I did manage to finally finish off one tub of soap last month, so will be doing every other shave with my Eufros/Jabonman soap until it is gone. I will also rotate some brushes this month, since I have been using the 30DC LE pretty exclusively.

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Good to hear from you. Take care and be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

Got a head start on September by breaking out the MMCP once again. Literally on the cap the whole shave. No blood, nicks, or weepers, but after a second pass it was clear I wasn't removing my beard the way the razor would have been if it was dialed in. Wound up finishing with the Timeless.

The first time, I used too much edge. The second time, not enough. I should have used a fresh blade as well, instead I used the blade from the failed effort a month ago. Only the second use, but quite probably sitting in storage unused for a month was long enough to degrade the edge.

SEptember is going to see me using this razor until I get it right. These things have too good of a reputation for me to not be getting a great shave with it as my SE technique improves. I'm going to mix it up with my DE's, but the emphasis and effort is going into figuring out this MMCP.

[​IMG]

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I know I have the right angle when it sounds like Velcro being pulled apart. I bet you have it figured out in short order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Clint. I managed a shower and shave, so that is better. I was just sent a video of the main road leading to my town. Doesn't look too good.

https://m.facebook.com/joshua.balfa/posts/10101624712949518

9. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Not good. That is pretty crazy how far it just goes and goes and goes.....

10. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I will watch your progress with considerable interest. I have a couple versions of the Wilkinson wedge blade sets in my collection along with a few Rolls Razors. I bought them as historical shaving collectables and extremely neat gadgets but never even considered the possibility they could still be used until I joined TSD. And even now I have never quite mustered up the nerve to touch them to my face.

So I will be watching, bowl of popcorn in hand, as the Lead Lemming approaches this cliff...

11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Hey Y'all. The 30 Day Crew is home base for me so I'll be here. Spent all last month on the FB so I'm looking forward to some SE action. I've several Schicks, lots of Chicks & some Twin blades, too. For sure going to get a couple Bunny sessions in. Soaps are wild card; I may switch every shave, though I did enjoy July's Soap O' the Week. AS will be to match with soaps and all mine are Drug Store types.

Good to see all the familiar faces. Don't be shy around those new members - Recruit the Newbies! We need fresh blood on their razors, not just ours :cool:

12. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

I haven’t been a very consistent contributor lately, but if anything gets me back into the groove, it’ll be SEptember.

I’ll make a goal to shave with each one of these.

IMG_5466.JPG

I’ll start with a couple PALs, then two PIF razors from a couple of TSD pals (the Persona Floating Head and a Bunny!), I’ll then run through the near-complete alphabet of Shick-Eversharps and maybe throw in a shave with the modern Single Edge.

Injector AD much? :eek:
    Guilty as charged.

Cheers!
    RT

13. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Take care and be careful Jim, positive thoughts coming for you and your family.
    RT
    :)

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Newbies bleed easier too. Much more entertaining.

15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Stay with it and you'll be its new master before you know it!

16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

What....there was Vodka......and I didn't get any?!?!?!?! Don't make me send the boys out to collect. :angry019:

17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'm probably going to join you in a lot of Stirling shaves myself. I have three new samples to try out plus some of the previous ones left too.

18. RyX

RyX DoH!

19. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

(Most everything I learned about injectors came from the zealots over on the Injector & SE Party thread.) :happy088:

Apparently from the late-40s / early 50s , the gold-lided one (H1) was marketed by Eversharp Schick as the Ladies Fashion Razor. The red one (H2) came next and was called The Deb Fashion Razor (short for The Debutante perhaps?). They were also marketed as travel razors. I use them and the C1 repeater for all my travel shaves.

20. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I own the Eversharp version. It actually gives a great shave.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk