September 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 31, 2017.

?

Which SE will you be using this month?

1. Schick Injector

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. Pal Injector

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. A vintage Gem of some sort

17 vote(s)
    45.9%
  4. Mongoose

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Shavette

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  6. Artist Club

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. Traditional Straight

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  8. Fooled you - no SE here!

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  9. Cookies. Either let me have some or let me out.

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Glad to hear it, Jim. I didn't know how dire things may or may not be. Having lived through a couple hurricanes where I lost power for 2 to 3 weeks each and lived in my office during that time, while trying to deal with the carnage of an ice cream freezer (i.e. giant 3 story building) with the roof ripped off, I know you don't want to advertise to the world that you think things are caving in all around you. I hoped you were not in that situation. Glad to hear that you are not. FWIW, to anyone who finds themselves in such a situation, it definitely changes your perspective for the good. Basically you get to say "I survived that, I can survive this 'minor' problem" no matter how big the next problem is.

2. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

SEptember 1st
    Schick G4
    Stirling Port-au-Prince SS sample
    30DC LE
    Thayers
    TFS Mastro Miche AS
    image.jpg
    I pulled out the '66' for the first day of SEptember. Don't actually remember which blade I put in it several months ago (one of the blades generously PIFed by @Screwtape), but I know it wasn't a Chick. Personna, I think. Not a big deal anyway as I think the blade is a little dull now and I'll switch it out for tomorrow.
    Got just a fantastic lather with the Port au Prince this morning and had 3 fun passes. I haven't used an Injector since I focussed on them in the late spring. I can feel a little left on my lower neck, and I would call this a DFS.
    Finished with the Mastro Miche, which as I sit here typing, I realize may not match the Vetiver of the SS all that well. C'est la vie.
    Have a great day all!

MR41, Keithmax, Marverel and 13 others like this.
  3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Fantastic looking razor!

4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

We definitely aren't dire just yet. My town in is land locked so that could get bad of they can't get food in and fuel in there. My wife says everyone is good now, but it won't take too long before people run out. We have resources at the refinery, so I am personally doing well.

There are lots of people still stuck on roof tops. I will say the military is awesome (a big thank you to all who have served). The Blackhawks are out rescuing folks, which I have watched a lot the last few days. They are truly amazing. We have c-130 our dropping supplies to help as well. These guys along with the Coast Guard are just amazing.

Keithmax, NCoxSTL, mrchick and 11 others like this.
  5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Sure. Guy starts an all Stirling month, sucks a bunch of us in, then bails out on the first day.

Kidding aside, nice setup, Perry. Hope you have an awesome holiday weekend.

Keithmax, Marverel, NCoxSTL and 8 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very true Perry. I hope you have a great weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

That's great news. Knowing your home and family are safe makes things much easier.

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic write up and photo. A great start to SEptember

10. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Friday morning September 1 - Supply Provision all the way

Supply Provision Single Edge injector on one-dot plate / Personna (1)
    Supply Provision 26mm silvertip fibre synthetic brush
    Supply Provision old-style Juniper tallow soap
    Alum and Supply Provision old-style Juniper Postshave Balm

SEptember got off to an excellent start today. Everything came together to provide an excellent shave. The alum surprised me by being a bit warm, but the rinse followed by the balm settled any irritation promptly.

Hope everybody has a good long weekend.

Keithmax, Marverel, NCoxSTL and 11 others like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Happy Birthday to your wife. Have a safe and enjoyable trip to visit the in laws.

12. PickledNorthern

I always have such high expectations at the start of every shave. When one goes south it is kind of disappointing. Of course I have no life either.

13. PickledNorthern

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I was just distracted with a lot of crap on my mind. Next time I feel like that I'll just pass.

15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, I already listed one thing on which I'll be focusing-to finish all my Stirling A.S. samples, so I can make a decision later for a soap/A.S. set. (That important announcement was in the Stirling thread). I sloughed off a bit last month on brush care, so I'll crank up more on that this month. I'll need to, since I do more brush-shaves in the fall&winter.

16. PickledNorthern

Hope The Sheep works out for you. I have recommended it to a ton of people, but always suggest a sample. It is a soap that people either seem to LOVE or get rid of. It falls into the love side for me.

17. PickledNorthern

Lucky guy all the way around.

18. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Haha! Yep - promote a good idea and then abandon it on day one! I promise I'll use Stirling the next shave. Wish you a great weekend as well!

19. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Thank you, Perry. Shaves nicely too!

20. PickledNorthern

Very cool, Mark.