The Veg appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Darkbulb, Jan 3, 2015.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

With that resume and size 14 shoes he can wear anything he wants.
    HOOAH! David Lee Young!

Bama Samurai and entropy1049 like this.
  2. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Gentlemen and fellow chosen ones. It appears Caties Bubbles has released a lilac soap that may be a tribute to the VEG! I just ordered a tub and wil report my findings later this week. The description sure seems like a Veg tribute. I think our lead hero and samauri will like it. ------>

http://catiesbubbles.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_85&products_id=497

from website=

Are you chosen?

The lilac is one of the most controversial of florals in the world of wetshaving scents but it is one of my favorites. A simple, soft floral that puts a smile on my face

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Excellent! I await a full report!

Primotenore likes this.
  4. EzraCobb

For sure!, pm me your address and i can mail u a sample

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

would a synonym for "tribute" be "copycat" in this case?

EzraCobb likes this.
  6. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Sounds like a heck of a guy, but maybe his sense of humor had something to do with his aftershave selection.
    "He was tough as nails with size 14 shoes, a brilliant mind, and a great sense of humor. His aftershave was Lilac Vegetal."

I like Lilac Vegetal also, but I have to admit it's different. I don't know what other people think of the fragrance, but at least no one has spit on me for wearing it yet.

7. Bama Samurai

Kinda sounds like John Wayne....

entropy1049 and Erik Redd like this.
  8. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

I can't help but think, in reading this gentleman's obit that he would have been a fun and interesting fellow to hang out with...

9. EzraCobb

It is not a tribute soap, i asked Chris Bubbles. Side note, i love when artisans replicate scents and to me that is a tribute since the Veg is not available in a soap.... so for the folks that appreciate the Veg, i received the catie's bubbles literal LiLac and for my nose its just like pinaud lilac! powdery and wonderful, get this limited edition soap now!

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Sorry I missed this post... Inbox time.

11. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

It amazes me that this is still in the recent activity. I suppose The Veg is immortal in time.

Ijustmissedthe50s and mrchick like this.
  12. David W650

David W650 Active Member

I think the VEG is a great aftershave/cologne hybrid.

As for the scent, yes it is strong smelling from the bottle. However, once applied it will tone down to a pleasant baby powder scent
    in 15 minutes.

13. RetLEO-07

The longest 15 minutes in other people's lives.

14. ZipZop

ZipZop Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I've been "Barber-Tricking" Lilac Veg for a while. The original trick is to cut the Veg with Distilled Water and Wintergreen Alcohol. 1/2 bottle Veg to 1/2 bottle water and 2 tablespoons wintergreen alcohol. I've since substituted the water with Dickenson's Witch Hazel, but I still use the 2 tablespoons of wintergreen alcohol. IMO, the wintergreen is the trick. Just thinning out the Veg is not the ticket. The wintergreen changes the nose and mellows it out. Tames the Veg right out of the bottle.

This trick may already be in this thread and if so, my apologies. I quickly read through all 10 pages but might have missed it.

Mahalo!

-Zip

mrchick likes this.
  15. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I love being a "chosen" lol Vegaholic!

mrchick likes this.
  16. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

Before smelling salts in the 70's most nfl teams including college used the veg as a waking agent.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

RetLEO-07 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  17. RetLEO-07

:happy097:

18. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

After ignoring every basic technique in the book in last evenings shave, the Veg took it vengeance out on me big time. Youch! Back to the basics tonight, great shave, and all is forgiven!

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

How about that...from Nappoleon to the NFL???

20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    The Catie's Bubbles sounds interesting, but I don't care for the post shave with their soaps as well as their coconut oil, which is drying for me. Now, Mystic Water makes a Lilac that is a terrific compliment for the Veg. That one, I heartily recommend.

EzraCobb and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.